Yellow Foot Prints Forums  

Go Back   Yellow Foot Prints Forums > Yellow Foot Prints News [Main Page] > Obituaries Updates

Obituaries Updates [Main Page]
This section covers updates or new additions to our obituaries database.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 03-17-2007, 10:50 PM

George G. Cusack, 38, South Weymouth, MA

George G. Cusack, 38, of 24 Towle Avenue, a captain for Eastern Airlines and executive officer of Marine Air Reserve Attack Squadron 322, South Weymouth, Mass. Naval Air Station, was killed Saturday in a crash of a T33 jet trainer in Rockland, Mass.

Cusack, a Lt. Colonel in the Marine Reserve and Captain Alan B. Holbrook of Wellesley Hills, Mass., who also died, were on a routine training flight when the single engine craft went into a tailspin at about 2,000 feet and careened into a wooded area.

A Korean War veteran, Cusack was the recipient of the Presidential Unit Citation, the National Defense Service Medal, the Korean Service Medal, with three stars, the Korean Presidential Unit Citation, the United Nationals Service Medal, the Organized Marine Corps Medal and two Bronze Stars.

Cusack leaves a widow and five children

Funeral services are scheduled for 11:00 a.m. today from the Hampton Congregational Church. Burial will be in the High Street Cemetery, Hampton.

Old 01-09-2015, 04:05 PM

Alan B. Holbrook was an uncle of mine. My father's only brother, they played a lot of tennis together, they were both big into sports. The day of the crash (Dec. 6, 1969), I remember we drove down there from Wellesley...my mom confirms this (I was 4 years old). I remember parking next to a field and seeing a sawhorse road block with flashing yellow lights. This was a terrible loss for my father. My Dad told me, Alan came to him in a dream...Alan said, they got behind the power curve. My uncle was a Pan-Am pilot. I hope to learn more about his time in the Marines.
Old 04-08-2015, 03:17 PM

tish, my dad flew with Alan

Please contact me, Facebook is preferred. My dad tried to save that plane and them....Brodie Cusack
Old 05-10-2016, 10:41 PM

They don't make heroes like that very often! I miss him!
Old 05-10-2016, 10:45 PM

I wish I knew how he got those bronzestars?????