Yellow Foot Prints Forums  

Go Back   Yellow Foot Prints Forums > Yellow Foot Prints News [Main Page] > Announcements/Updates

Announcements/Updates [Main Page]
Announcements and News Posted Here -

Old 04-03-2016, 10:52 AM
Administrator

Another Marine heading home....

Today I received news NO Marine ever wants to hear, we have a brother Marine passing on to his final duty station guarding the gates of heaven. EVERY Marine is special in our eyes, this Marine (Don Davis) is part of history. I'll let you read Don't son's email to me this morning and my response.
My name is Ken Davis and my dad's name is Don Davis. He had been in contact with you before regarding information he had about his and Lee Harvey Oswald's Marine class. He reported with Oswald and had papers to show this, and some other information.
My dad is about to pass on. He has had Parkinson's disease for 7 years, and the week before, he took a bad fall and broke his C5 and C6 vertebrae. He had surgery, but things have gone south and he has been released to home hospice.
I just wanted to let you know this. He mentioned your fine website many times, and you should know that a good Marine is passing on to be with our Lord. I will email you again when he has passed, to let you know.
Thanks, and Semper Fi.
Ken
My response:
Ken,
I am so sorry to hear about your dad. The one thing about getting old is we loose those we love and friends we've met over time. I am sure he will be missed by you and the family as well as his extended family (Marines). The Oswald information he provided me was/is priceless history. Not long after your dad sent me the Oswald papers I was contacted by the lead FBI agent who is in charge of the Oswald investigation documents out of Dallas. Apparently the FBI didn't know your dad's papers even existed and they requested a copy of all your dad's papers for the national archive in Washington D.C. which I gladly sent him.
Years ago the son of another Marine who went to boot camp with your dad and Oswald had his dad's graduation book professionally reproduced which I have a copy. This leads me to the question of whether you have your dad's graduation book? If you do not it would be an honor to send you copies of the book and any and all papers we have on file for him. I remember when my mother was in the hospital passing they said to talk to her cause they thought she may be able to hear me. I know this may sound funny but would you tell your dad Cpl Miller said Semper Fi Marine, maybe you'll get a smile from him.
Ken, if you would send me your mailing address I have something I'd like to send you and your family in honor of your dad.
Semper Fi
Gary
PS, On special occasion (this being one of them) I've provided a DVD for the family of fallen Marines that includes all the pictures from the Marines graduation book that also includes all the training pages that our backed up with music in the background. I add special effects like pictures that fad in and out for that extra effect. Like the graduation books we provide, there is no charge for this, this DVD is provided out of love for a fellow Marine....Semper Fi Marine, you will be missed.

Link to video: http://www.yellowfootprints.com/vide.../DonDavis.html
Attached Images

Cpl Miller 1964 - 1970 USMC
gmiller@yellowfootprints.com
www.militarycommcenter.com

Last edited by Cpl Miller; 04-11-2016 at 07:04 PM.
Old 04-06-2016, 06:57 AM

R.I.P.-Don Davis

SAEPE EXPERTUS, SEMPER FIDELIS, FRATRES AETERNI
(Often Tested, Always Faithful, Brothers Forever)

Admiration of the Nation We’re the finest ever seen And we glory in the title Of United States Marines.