Yellow Foot Prints Forums  

Go Back   Yellow Foot Prints Forums > Marines Only

Marines Only [Main Page]
If you have not earned the title U.S. Marine do not post in this forum.

Old 05-08-2009, 03:56 AM

Navy Uniforms, You are not going to like it

You are not going to like these pictures. Check this site out, It is hard to believe. They have done away with the Dixie cup hat, and whites.

Some of the Navy personell wearing this uniform, were heard going Semper Fi. and OOHHRAAHH to each other.

Plus the Marines are no longer required to wear the EGA on collar.

http://www.npc.navy.mil/CommandSuppo...orm_photos.htm

Last edited by Ken Rohlff; 06-25-2009 at 07:25 AM.
Old 05-08-2009, 06:12 AM
Administrator

Although the new Navy uniforms copy much of the style of Marine Corps uniforms, there are differences. Also, Navy personel attached to Marine units must follow these guidelines:

If Navy personnel opt to wear Marine Corps uniforms, they must meet Marine Corps grooming and physical appearance standards, which are more stringent than Navy standards. This does not apply to the MARPAT uniforms, as this uniform is required for wear in the field when attached to Marine units, regardless of adherence to Marine Corps grooming standards. Navy personnel are not authorized to wear the Marine Corps Dress Blue Uniform, instead Navy Dress Blue and White uniforms are worn.

Old 05-08-2009, 06:24 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Plus the Marines are no longer required to wear the EGA on collar.
I'm not sure where you saw that Marines are not to wear EGA's on their collar. I just read the current MC Uniform Regulations and didn't see where it said that.

Old 05-08-2009, 08:46 AM

No big deal

as far as I'm concerned. The only thing that resembles our uniform is the shirt. The cover and trousers are BLACK. The Army also has Khaki shirts and had them before we did. Hell, most Marines today probably don't know how to wear a Service Uniform. You only see them in utilities, and that includes the CMC.
Regarding the collar ornaments. I don't recall anything about removing them. If they do, so what? Things change. When that was introduced we all bitched about the holes in our collars. We felt it was unnecessary. We had the emblem on our covers. We got used to the additional effort getting our uniforms squared away and we wore the Service uniform a lot more than they do today.
Old 05-08-2009, 10:36 AM
Administrator

Does this mean....

their going to teach the Navy how to shoot like Marines now that their trying to make them look like us? ha

Cpl Miller 1964 - 1970 USMC
gmiller@yellowfootprints.com
www.militarycommcenter.com
Old 05-08-2009, 06:27 PM
Administrator

I think the Navy's move makes a lot of sense. It will lighten their seabag. And, it will keep the prices of uniforms down since they will probably use the same companies that make the Marine Corps uniforms and that should be an incentive for the manufacturer to give a good price to both the Navy and the Corps.

When the Corps got rid of Khakies and Tropicals and got rid of the horse blanket wool uniforms, a Marine's seabag got lighter. I think the changes were mostly for the good. I do agree with the Gunny that there is too much accepted use of the utilities though.

Old 05-08-2009, 08:03 PM
Administrator

Khakies and Tropicals

Are YOU kidding me, they don't have them any longer. I loved my trops, I looked damn good in them. ha ha

Cpl Miller 1964 - 1970 USMC
gmiller@yellowfootprints.com
www.militarycommcenter.com
Old 05-09-2009, 08:20 AM
Administrator

Tropicals looked good when you first put them on. But, a little humidity or rain would make you look like a potato sack. The Khakies were not much better.

Old 05-09-2009, 09:55 AM

Its funny ,when i first went to the rrock I opted to go Marine Corps regs.There was only one other Corpsman I knew then that did it and it was my BAS Chief.He used to get so pissed when he would get saluted because all the marines saw was his gold anchors on his collar they did what any smart Marine did"when in doubt Salute"
As for me at first when we fell out in our tropics and me with my Navy stripes ,I used to get the weirdest looks at first but it didnt take them too long to figure me out.LOL...you should have seen the experience I had with the Army whenI was in Korea....they didnt have a clue.Of course Im talking 34 yrs ago.
Old 05-09-2009, 10:11 AM

oops sorry fellas I just noticed,maybe I wasnt supposed to post in this thread....Ill take 3 demerits....
Old 05-10-2009, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JITB View Post
Tropicals looked good when you first put them on. But, a little humidity or rain would make you look like a potato sack. The Khakies were not much better.
I never had that problem. If the weather looked nasty, I'd just step into the nearest bar and get damp from the inside out. Never had any effect on the uniform. In any case, except for a couple of months in the Winter, there wasn't much rain in SoCal.
Old 05-10-2009, 04:06 PM
Administrator

I spent a couple of years at Norfolk MB & AFSC

We had to wear tropicals or Khakies on many of the posts I stood. Outside posts took a toll on the uniforms on hot & humid summer days in Norfolk. If rain was predicted, they sometimes put us out on post in utilities with raincoats.

Old 05-10-2009, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JITB View Post
We had to wear tropicals or Khakies on many of the posts I stood. Outside posts took a toll on the uniforms on hot & humid summer days in Norfolk. If rain was predicted, they sometimes put us out on post in utilities with raincoats.
That I can understand. I spent over 2 years at Quantico. Horrible humidity. Fortunately my duties were inside. No A/C but the fans helped. Sometimes my Boss and I would go up for a nice cool ride in an SNJ. For those not familiar with old aircraft, that was the old yellow 2-seater trainer.
Old 06-25-2009, 07:51 AM

You are ribht about the color of cap & trousers. The only ones that wear the Marine uniform besides Corpsmen, are the Navy Aviation personel. Anyone that flies a plane.
Old 06-25-2009, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Rohlff View Post
You are ribht about the color of cap & trousers. The only ones that wear the Marine uniform besides Corpsmen, are the Navy Aviation personel. Anyone that flies a plane.
Not so. Chaplains also may wear Marine uniforms and most do or did in my time. Many Naval Gunfire officers also chose to wear Marine uniforms.