Yellow Foot Prints Forums  

Go Back   Yellow Foot Prints Forums > Open Communications [Main Page] > Officer Club

Officer Club [Main Page] If your not a former or present officer in the Marine Corps, do not post here unless invited.

Old 10-20-2006, 06:12 PM

Dropin in to say Hey.

Hey guys. Nothin happining at the E club. So I thought I might be brazin enough to visit. Even though I was Enlisted in my Corps time. I am a Retired Major after my Army Tour, Still don't know what I want to be when I grow up. Any other Mustangs out there?
Old 11-12-2006, 01:41 PM

Wink Mustangers

Through the years, it seems that there are several people that went into the Marine Corps as enlisted, did their time and got out. Then, because of distance to unit, etc. got commissioned in the U. S. Army. That is what I ended up doing. They thought that the Marines had trained me so well that I must be officer material. I could not spell ossifer, but there I was. . .
I have been in several Marine/Navy Officer's clubs since PI in 1971. I even got married in the San Diego Navy Recruit Depot church with the reception at MCRD officer's club in 1989. My lovely spouse still says, "God Bless the Marine Corps."
Old 12-13-2006, 12:18 PM

Yes, I'm a mustang. Enlisted in 67, went to OCS in 1974 and retired as a Major in 1987. We now live in Brunswick, GA.
Old 01-24-2007, 08:23 PM

Location: I live in Delano, Ca. 2247 Randolph Street, Delano, Ca. 93215-1240.
Thumbs up Mustangs: Hello

Hello Marines,
I have just joined yesterday. I was a Sgt in 1980, when I applied to the Warrant Officer program / Board. I was selected and appointed to WO-1, about six months later, my warrant to S/Sgt arrived. I had to decline. I was a great experience during my 30
years in the Active / Reserve of the U.S. Marine Corps. I retired in July 01, 2000. My Rank at retirement was CWO-4. I would like to
Congratulate all the Mustang Marines. Have a great day.
Old 01-30-2008, 12:09 PM

Mustang Too

Had three yrs Army NG time when I enlisted in 53. Seven yrs and one month later I was SSGT E-5 selected for SSGT E-6 and was picked up for the First Warrant Class of 1960.
got into the Temp Reg Officers program as 2nd John and went up to Capt. When the VN thing cooled down, there were no LDO slots in my MOS so I reverted to CWO-3 , promoted later to CWO-4 then retired in 73 as Capt.
Quite a ride and I loved every minute. Searching every source I can find for Marines I served with.....
Old 01-30-2008, 01:27 PM
Administrator

Hey Captain,

thought I'd jump in here and ask if you still have your boot camp graduation book? If yes, we'd be honored to get it into the boot camp database if you can scan it.

If yes, email scanned page to; gmiller@yellowfootprints.com

Cpl Miller 1964 - 1970 USMC
gmiller@yellowfootprints.com
www.militarycommcenter.com
Old 10-28-2008, 05:10 PM
Visiting Worker Bee

Cpl Miller.. I have about 1/2 of a boot camp book and my TBS photos are long gone by what is known as San Francisco rot.

Welcome back web forum.

My Web Page http://marinechat.com/marinechuck/
Old 10-29-2008, 04:32 PM
Visiting Worker Bee

Thumbs up

If only I knew how to still drink.. I would go to the Enlisted Club and see if anyone would talk to me. Actually this is only a test to see if I can post.. The forums have been having moving pains.. But the guys in charge are working their heads off to get everything corrected..

So, everyone drink up.. The drinks are all on Jack.

Old 10-30-2008, 04:35 PM

wierd sh*t going on today(10/30/'08). all the regular pictures and icons are not displaying and the format appears to be the default for vBulletin.
Old 11-01-2008, 06:37 AM
Administrator

Smile Stand by, to stand by

Although the site IS still being worked on I can assure you the team of Marines doing the work will have this site squared away shortly.....

Cpl Miller 1964 - 1970 USMC
gmiller@yellowfootprints.com
www.militarycommcenter.com
Old 11-05-2008, 02:35 PM
Visiting Worker Bee

I told CplMiller I was a team player.. but I did not tell him who's team I was on.

He keeps telling me "I'm lost" or "Now Iím really confused". But Jack will get him squared away.

Old 11-26-2008, 07:30 PM
Visiting Worker Bee

Thumbs down

I would hope that I will not end up being the only gentleman on this thread.

John F. Kennedy signed a paper telling the world I was a gentleman in October 1962. So, if he said I was a gentleman, I guess I am. I know he was one of the finest gentlemen I have ever known, that I personally did not meet.

I would also hope that there are other gentlemen out there that may come join me from time to time.

I am the first to admit that I was not a line officer. I was a disbursing officer and still carry that 3402 MOS. But all of you know what a disbursing officer is, and not everyone knows what a line officer does.

If you do not know what a disbursing officer is.. wait until payday comes and you do not get paid. Then you will find out very fast what a disbursing officer is.

My cat is waiting for someone to post so it can go play with it's mouse.
Attached Images

Old 11-26-2008, 07:52 PM
Visiting Worker Bee

I don't know if I said that I was a Mustang... But that's another thing that President Kennedy me.

I enlisted in 1956, (Yes Cpl Miller I know what a Grunt is)

I was a 0311 rifleman (A-1-4) and 60mm mortar gunner (A-1-4) before going to disbursing (H&S-4).

Commissioned in 1962 from the rank of Sgt (E-5) 12th MCRRD.

I retired in 1976 at the rank of Major (0-4)(Federal Office Building, San Francisco).

Now you all know my basic history.

I still work at age 71 and own a insurance adjusting company. I am licensed as a Insurance Adjuster/Investigator. We are always after the bad guys.

I have been in insurance since my retirement from the Marine Corps. So, I have been in my second career almost twice as long as my military career.