Yellow Foot Prints Forums  

Go Back   Yellow Foot Prints Forums > Navy (Corpsman)

Navy (Corpsman) [Main Page] This forum is dedicated to those Navy (Corpsman) who put their lives on the line to save every Marines life in combat.

Old 10-11-2008, 08:54 AM
Administrator

Good luck, Doc

Attention on Deck: Veterans columnist salutes readers
By Scott 'Doc' Chobot October 11, 2008

You are now reading what is, in fact, the very last "Attention on Deck" column that I will be providing to this newspaper.

What can I say? Ever since March 8, 1989, I have persisted in offering my readership pertinent, interesting and oftentimes humorous weekly news in a format found nowhere else.

With my passion for our veterans and active-duty communities, plus your ongoing input regarding them both, we have made an outstanding team that has been very effective in this combined mission.

I want to express my heartfelt thanks to all of you who so readily shared so much with me during these past many years because it has been your trust and encouragement that has given me the needed motivation to continue my writing.

The many phone calls and reams of correspondence, firm handshakes and warm smiles, these and more all contributed to absolutely amazing, wonderful personal exchanges that I will forever cherish.

Please know that I wholeheartedly respect and appreciate all of our veterans and active-duty personnel for what they so selflessly provide to this country and its people, that being the many freedoms which are too often taken for granted today. My personal opinion is, had it not been for all of us who have done or are now doing their protective duty, there would be no United States of America.

Now has come the time for me to change tack as other challenges and opportunities have already presented themselves. I feel honored to have been your dedicated columnist and found that responsibility to be very fulfilling in all respects, yet be assured that I've not run out of ink and my writings may well be read elsewhere in the future.

I am not infirm and don't intend to stagnate; I'll simply not be wearing down my fingers to the bone anymore to always beat a deadline. After all, I too deserve that long-anticipated "R & R" and the time to enjoy it with my bride of eight years.

It has been an absolute privilege serving you through the decades, and I wish everyone the best.

Saying good-bye, I close with the help of this encouraging quote, "May the wind always be at your back and you sail in following seas."

You are saluted.

Scott "Doc" Chobot, a former Navy/Fleet Marine Forces corpsman, by phone at (920) 823-2087 or by mail at 3382 Fairview Road, Baileys Harbor, WI 54202.

http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/...=2008810110548