Yellow Foot Prints Forums  

Go Back   Yellow Foot Prints Forums > Open Channel

Open Channel [Main Page]
Communicate with your Brothers/sister Marines.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 11-17-2009, 06:16 AM

Good Morning all , It's good to be alive . Prays out bond for the lady who had her fathers remains stolen just before he was to be buried at Arlington. Hope they find him soon. Semper Fi

Old 11-23-2009, 09:42 AM

Well Good Morning all had a great weekend watch football and My Kansas City Chiefs Won yes sir they really did.

any way had to treat myself to a good breakfast today had Steak & Eggs and toast with coffee. Now If they can just keep it together I'll be happy

Old 11-27-2009, 08:43 PM

Hot damn you know what , it's friday evening and Black friday is almost over. I hope everyone got what they wanted. But if they didn't let me know and I'll say a prayer for you so you may get it .. Not!!!! Happy Thanksgiving and Merry Christmas and also to you then a Happy new Year also

Old 12-24-2009, 08:37 AM

Smile

Good Morning all cold and very windy outside right now ,but no snow so far. Thank goodness we didn't get the Blizzard they called for. Hope all is well with everyone. have a good day and Merry Christmas to all.

Old 01-09-2010, 09:42 AM

Morning to all it's cold as a well diggers knee in Idaho hear 7 right now but no wind to speak of. We hope to hit 24 to 26 today. breakfast was 2 eggs and Coffee as you may recall it Lifer Juice for most of us here. anyway have a nice day.That reminds me I need some more coffee. Semper Fi

Old 01-29-2010, 09:04 AM

Morning all it's colder than a witches tit in a brass bra out there and 6" of snow here and I know someone out there is going to say it's nice out where they are and we all know thats you Gary but I do get to see the Beauty of the snow. and it's very nice to look at . breakfast down and now the coffee is going down now also. later all prayer out bound for all.

Old 01-29-2010, 09:13 AM
Administrator

I still say,

IF you want to see snow you should have to DRIVE to see the stuff. ha

Overcast and around 50 degree's outside here in Sacramento, I'm freezing my ass off. I guess it's good I'm sicker than hell today or I'd have to go out in this weather. Yuk Yuk

I say we all pack our shit and moved to Hawaii, even when it rains there it's hot.

Cpl Miller 1964 - 1970 USMC
gmiller@yellowfootprints.com
www.norcalpreppers.com
www.militarycommcenter.com
Old 05-23-2010, 09:27 AM

Good Morning all well I let this slide a little. thats and understatement to say. any way have my coffee in hand and it's 62 outside my window and we should see 80 to 85 today providing the weather holds out for us. Can't wait for my tomato's to get here so I can eat them, I love my tomato's eat them just like an apple with a little salt, But don't tell my Doctor please he will get mad. any way as all ways Lord look out for all of us here and especially the troops in harms way..

Old 05-23-2010, 09:47 AM
Administrator

NOW that you brought up gardening,

I took these pictures yesterday of our garden. Keeping in mind we just planted the garden two to three wekks ago.....ENJOY
Attached Images

www.norcalpreppers.com
Old 05-23-2010, 09:49 AM
Administrator

A couple more pictures,

for your viewing pleasure.
Attached Images

www.norcalpreppers.com
Old 05-23-2010, 09:53 AM

All I can say is

WOW !!! very nice

Old 05-23-2010, 10:11 AM
Administrator

Its a lot,

of work, but as you say, I CAN'T wait to eat the fruits of our labor.

I can be ANYWHERE in the world when sitting at the pond. Being from Hawaii I've tried to re-create some of that setting over the years.

www.norcalpreppers.com
Old 06-24-2010, 05:32 AM

Good Morning all !!! It's 62 outside and very nice so far.Can't tell if it's summer or fall !! what ever it's great !!!
Got a cup of coffee and reading the sites have a good day..
Lord look out for all our troops in and out of harms ways.

Old 06-24-2010, 08:39 AM
Administrator

It's only 7:30am,

here in Sacramento and it's already getting hot. Not looking forward to the 110 degree days that I know are coming. On a good note, the garden doesn't know what to make of this weather, damn garden looks like a JUNGLE already. Ha

www.norcalpreppers.com
Old 07-02-2010, 10:14 AM

Good morning all went to the doc. yesterday and I have to back in for my Fourth arthrogram and what make me mad the Doc. say they don't hurt ,but he's never had one.For once I would like to stick that needle in his azz just so he could feel how much they hurt.had surgery in April and the stitches did hold he thinks and that may mean I have to have another surgery that is going to suck.This pass freaking year has sucked for me as for trying to stay healthy but it's not working that well for me. Hope I can get this behind me and move forward.
Later every one.

Old 07-04-2010, 11:48 AM

Well Good Afternoon all !!!
It's our Nations Birthday and so Happy Birthday to US !!! I saw on The New CNN That 85 percent of the children from 15 to 25 didn't know that we declared Independence from England it was amazing that they didn't . They said they learn that in school. So what are they teaching them in school ????
I didn't make it to the tenth grade but they told us about our history and our Battles our country was in voled in .
But then when I went to school are teachers weren't trying to seduce the boys or the girls either they wanted to teach us. Happy Birthday to all and have a fun and safe 4th of July !!!! Semper Fi.

Old 07-09-2010, 06:03 PM

had a god day and coffee , Semper Fi

Old 07-10-2010, 01:07 AM

Morning gents? Loose with the term? I remember the first time I was out of boot camp and in uniform. A little girl asked me if I was a Girl Scout Leader. Nominated for a merritorious promotion and the General drilled me with questions from every field. Finally in frustration, he flat out informed me "women had no place in this man's Marine Corps". He told me no matter how many answers I could come up with there was no way he would even consider a woman before a man. (since I was the only woman up for it; my chances, slim to none!) I heard all the talk. Women in the military were dykes, nymphs, or out to trap a guy someway. I worked my tail off, knew my job & did an outstanding job at whatever my task. I was merritoriously promoted to both Corporal & Sgt. (under 3 yrs). Please don't think I am angry at men, it was just a part of life I learned to endure. I just want you guys to be a little more considerate. Even though you finally included us ladies, it was rather late & w/no apology. So, keep on keeping on, have a cup of java on me & Sempi Fi
Old 07-10-2010, 01:38 AM

Wink reply to Happy 4th

My mom is a "yankee" & my dad is a "rebel". As a child I spent my summers with my dad's family in West TN., New York the rest of the year. Great culture shock, but also fun. After I joined the Corps, my parents moved to East TN. Hard as it may seem to believe, my mom was a country girl in a manner of speaking. We had always lived on the Island (Long Island). Pine trees and dirt roads, potato farms & nurseries. The thought of stop lights sent mom over the edge. I'll not repeat her launguage; but it had to do with the ##@^ city people taking over her beautiful Island. All that to get to this:
I moved my sons to E TN as well. I am my mothers daughter and I felt the same way. I was more than surprised when they held school on Vetran's Day!! I am proud to say...I NEVER SENT MY BOYS TO SCHOOL that day. Every year I wrote a note to their schools explaining that "No, they weren't sick, I was a Vetran & found it appauling school was in session". I am with you 100% on the...That was then & THIS is now.
A few quick queestions. Did you go to PI? When in 72 did you join? Duty stations? Just curious because you & I served during the same time period. Sempi Fi

Last edited by sgtcrm1; 07-10-2010 at 01:43 AM. Reason: Wanted post to appear
Old 07-10-2010, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtcrm1 View Post
My mom is a "yankee" & my dad is a "rebel". As a child I spent my summers with my dad's family in West TN., New York the rest of the year. Great culture shock, but also fun. After I joined the Corps, my parents moved to East TN. Hard as it may seem to believe, my mom was a country girl in a manner of speaking. We had always lived on the Island (Long Island). Pine trees and dirt roads, potato farms & nurseries. The thought of stop lights sent mom over the edge. I'll not repeat her launguage; but it had to do with the ##@^ city people taking over her beautiful Island. All that to get to this:
I moved my sons to E TN as well. I am my mothers daughter and I felt the same way. I was more than surprised when they held school on Vetran's Day!! I am proud to say...I NEVER SENT MY BOYS TO SCHOOL that day. Every year I wrote a note to their schools explaining that "No, they weren't sick, I was a Vetran & found it appauling school was in session". I am with you 100% on the...That was then & THIS is now.
A few quick queestions. Did you go to PI? When in 72 did you join? Duty stations? Just curious because you & I served during the same time period. Sempi Fi
Damn and I thought I was one of the only one that had there parent who grew up in different part of the country. My mom was from New Hampshire and my dad was from Miss. and Alabama. I grew up in Tennessee what a mix . hahahaha