Yellow Foot Prints Forums  

Go Back   Yellow Foot Prints Forums > Open Communications [Main Page] > Future Marines

Future Marines [Main Page]
A place for the poolees, Delayed Entry Programers to mingle and ask questions. Get tips from your fellow poolees before you head to MCRD.

Old 04-29-2007, 08:53 AM

I love my future Marine!

I love my future Marine!

My boyfriend is currently a future marine! He's enduring boot camp at Parris Island. He graduates July 13th! I've been sporting the typical Marines t-shirt, but he fusses at me, saying, "I'm not a Marine, yet." He's all about EARNING the title. I honor that! Wondering if there are any other wives, fiances, or girfriends of future marines? Or, if someone who has endured the WAITING? He's been there 2 weeks. I've written him everyday since I got his address! Cannot wait to hear from him. Just wondering if anyone has any stories of them waiting, etc!
Old 04-29-2007, 09:17 AM
Administrator

No stories to tell BUT,

keep sending letters and letting him know you support his efforts. Marine Corps boot camp is NO walk in the park and any level of support you can give will help him reach his goal.

BE VERY prepared though, he will not return to you as the same guy you knew. Be patient when he does return from boot camp. He will have a drive like nothing you've ever seen in him. THAT drive can drive some up the wall so stick with him. In the long haul it will be worth it.

Cpl Miller 1964 - 1970 USMC
gmiller@yellowfootprints.com
www.militarycommcenter.com
Old 05-22-2007, 06:48 PM

Hi Jenn,

Congratulations on your man going to boot camp. Write as often as you can to him. Letters are a currency all their own. He may send you a downbeat or depressing letter in the first few weeks of boot camp....you stay positive and be positive in your letters.
My son graduated from MCRD San Diego on January 12th this year. One of his platoon mates had a girlfriend who was in the same boat as you are. She was so motivated about him going through boot camp, she joined also and she should be graduating from Parris Island in 3 weeks !
Old 02-14-2008, 04:20 PM

Talking

Those letters will mean a lot to him,take it from me,a letter from my girl when I was in boot camp was the best thing that could happen.
o' by the way,I married that girl 26 years ago and she still puts up with me today