Yellow Foot Prints Forums  

Go Back   Yellow Foot Prints Forums > Yellow Foot Prints News [Main Page] > WIA [Main Page]

WIA [Main Page] Listing of Marines wounded in action, all wars.

Old 01-24-2010, 09:34 AM

Wia

I'm not certain of the purpose of this forum but I will make some basic assumptions and go from there.
I graduated MCRD March 1968 Platoon 152, still have the platoon photo.
Got orders for "westpac" (Vietnam), MOS:0311
Got wounded on Oct. 4, 1968 in a night time ambush set up to greet NVA coming down from the mountains west of DaNang. I and 2 other Marines were at point in our ambush when it went down. I know one of the other 2 was KIA because he was on the same chopper I was and when we were off-loaded at the hospital a corpsman looked down at me and saw my eyes were open and he said "Oh, this one's alive."
Our CO was Capt. Charles Robb and he was LBJ's son-in law. Is anyone from that era around. My memories of names of people are gone due to decades of medical treatment, recovery, rehab, over & over.
Currently I'm 100% disabled, but, I'm very fortunate that I'm still around because my wife and I have 3 kids & 5 G'kids. It's all about being selfless and accepting the deal you have been given.
VVA
MOPH
NRA
Old 01-24-2010, 09:50 AM
Administrator

First let me,

welcome you home Marine.

This web site is a historical site with our main goal of capturing your history in a couple of ways. One is the boot camp database, second is the obits listings, and finally a place you can search (via our forums) for your fellow Marines.

In the boot camp database we create your boot camp platoon section where we enter your graduation information as in scanned copied of your platoon pictures, to scanned copies of your platoon graduation book. We also offer adding your contact information (Email address) in your platoon section so others can contact you directly. That's it in a nutshell.

If you have either your platoon book or picture you can submit them to me for entry into your platoon section. We also offer a personal photo album which you can upload your own pictur of the database without the help of an admin.

We hope you enjoy the site.

Admin
gmiller@yellowfootprints.com

Cpl Miller 1964 - 1970 USMC
gmiller@yellowfootprints.com
www.militarycommcenter.com
Old 03-23-2010, 08:13 PM

Welcome home brother and Thanks for your service. I to was wounded and am 100% also. Just don't ever give up.

Semper Fi

bootlace15