Yellow Foot Prints Forums  

Go Back   Yellow Foot Prints Forums > Yellow Foot Prints News [Main Page] > IN THE NEWS

IN THE NEWS Post news about Marines in your area.

Old 05-15-2015, 05:26 AM

NEWS FLASH U.S. Marine Huey Helicopter's Wreckage Is Found In Nepal: Officials

NEWS FLASH U.S. Marine Huey Helicopter's Wreckage Is Found In Nepal: Officials

U.S. Marine Huey Helicopter's Wreckage Is Found in Nepal: Officials

WE PRAY THAT THEY ARE ALIVE SEMPER FI GOD BLESS

KATHMANDU, Nepal — The wreckage of a U.S. Marine helicopter that went missing during a relief mission in quake-devastated Nepal has been found not far from where it vanished, officials said Friday.

The chopper — with six Americans and two Nepalese service members on board — vanished late Tuesday night following a magnitude-7.3 aftershock earlier in the day. The UH-1Y Huey helicopter had been on its way to deliver aid to a district hard-hit by the April 25 earthquake, which killed at least 8,150 people.

A massive search operation has been underway since the chopper disappeared near Charikot, Nepal. Pentagon officials have said there were no reports of smoke or a loud bang indicating that the aircraft crashed.

Nepal's military told NBC News on Friday that a search team had found the chopper in the district of Sindhupalchok. The Nepali Army added in a statement that more search teams and helicopters have been mobilized as a result to the area.

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/nep...helicopters-wr eckage-found-nepal-n359376

Admiration of the Nation We’re the finest ever seen And we glory in the title Of United States Marines.
Old 05-15-2015, 05:38 AM

Good Morning Big Jim..God Bless my fellow MARINES and there families,and the two Nepalese service members..Kind of makes you wonder if it was mechanical failure..I flew almost daily in Nam..Came real close to being shoot down,but we always made it back...
Jim how was Joans doctor appointment..All OK I hope...
Semper Fi Brother............Stan in Seattle
Old 05-15-2015, 06:17 AM

Update

Nepal rescuers find 3 bodies near crashed US Marine chopper

KATHMANDU, Nepal (AP) — Nepalese rescuers on Friday found three bodies near the wreckage of a U.S. Marine helicopter that disappeared earlier this week while on a relief mission in the earthquake-hit Himalayan nation, and officials said it was unlikely there were any survivors from the crash.

"The wreckage of the helicopter was found in pieces and there are no chances of any survivors," Nepal's Defense Secretary Iswori Poudyal said. He gave no details about the nationalities of the three victims, only saying their remains were charred.

The helicopter was carrying six Marines and two Nepalese army soldiers.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/...cC?ocid=AARDHP

Admiration of the Nation We’re the finest ever seen And we glory in the title Of United States Marines.
Old 05-15-2015, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catman View Post
good morning big jim..god bless my fellow marines and there families,and the two nepalese service members..kind of makes you wonder if it was mechanical failure..i flew almost daily in nam..came real close to being shoot down,but we always made it back...
Jim how was joans doctor appointment..all ok i hope...
Semper fi brother............stan in seattle
all is good

Old 05-15-2015, 07:43 AM

Great news Jim..Give her my best..Have a good weekend.....
Old 05-15-2015, 05:20 PM

back at you brother