Yellow Foot Prints Forums  

Go Back   Yellow Foot Prints Forums > Navy (Corpsman)

Navy (Corpsman) [Main Page] This forum is dedicated to those Navy (Corpsman) who put their lives on the line to save every Marines life in combat.

Old 03-17-2012, 10:32 AM
Administrator

I thought I might post something that was sent to me here

I am a Navy Corpsman.

I possess the stamina and enthusiasm of youth and the wisdom and experience of an old man.

I am 3 parts Doctor, 1 part Nurse, 2 parts Marine, 1 part Yeoman and 3 parts Mom yet I am 100% sailor.

I am unemployable to the civilian world in my given profession, yet I have been the very life line for countless Marines, Soldiers, and Sailors since 1778.

I have carried Marines from the Battle fields and have been carried reverently myself by Marines who mourned my passing like that of a Brother or Sister.

I am Young. I am old. Brave, Scared and scared. My title has changed over the years: LOBLOLLY BOY, SURGENS STEWART, PHARMICIST MATE, HOSPITAL CORPSMAN, IDC, yet with all the changes I am still simply known as "DOC".

I have celebrated peace; yet felt the sting of war on the seas, in jungles, in foreign cities, in Washington D.C., and on Beaches of every shade of sand. White, tan, coral and black.

I have raised hell on liberty; hope in the midst of Battle..... and Old Glory on IWO JIMA.

I have removed appendixes on Submarines and limbs in the midst of battle and many other procedures far above and beyond what I am expected to do by the normal practice of medicine because it had to be done in order to save the life of a Marine or Sailor in battle or under the ice, far from a doctors care.

I have ignored my own wounds to the point of death in order to stay at my station treating the wounded of my nations Navy, Marine Corp, Army and Air Force.

I have the highest number of MEDAL OF HONORS of any Corp in the Navy. Most of them presented to my Wife, Children or Mother because I was already in Heaven at the time.

I am Proud to know in my heart that every Marine who has ever fought and every Sailor who’s gone to sea in ships owe their very lives to those they simply, yet respectfully know as "DOC".

Written by
Mark A. Wright
HMC(SS)

Old 03-17-2012, 10:35 AM
Administrator

Outstanding

The ONLY other person other than Marines that we consider one of our own.....Semper Fi

Cpl Miller 1964 - 1970 USMC
gmiller@yellowfootprints.com
www.militarycommcenter.com