Yellow Foot Prints Forums  

Go Back   Yellow Foot Prints Forums > Yellow Foot Prints News [Main Page] > On-Hand Graduation books

On-Hand Graduation books [Main Page]
Books stored by YFP, and or members.

Old 03-24-2010, 07:51 AM
Administrator

Attention on deck, we need your help

Attention on deck,

Our in-house storage of old boot camp graduation books is growing everyday with donated books and in some cases platoon pictures. Itís an honor maintaining this collection but we really need to get the word out to those Marines searching for their graduation books.

Although weíve posted listings of books we have in-house on a number of Marine web sites the word doesnít seem to be getting out to the general Marine population. If you are a member of organizations like the MCL, or VFW please pass the word these books are available free of charge to those Marines who have lost their books.

For those of you that have an extra copy of your graduation book, or simply picked one up at a garage sale please let us know you have them so we can direct Marines to you.

We have added a new feature to the boot camp database where we now list those that have a book from that platoon. We list the personís name and contact information in the platoon section the book belongs to.

An up-to-date listing of archived books can be found at the following link.

http://yellowfootprints.com/forums/f...splay.php?f=26

Questions and or comments can be directed:
support@yellowfootprints.com

Carry On Marines!!

The Yellow footprints team

Cpl Miller 1964 - 1970 USMC
gmiller@yellowfootprints.com
www.militarycommcenter.com

Last edited by Cpl Miller; 08-06-2011 at 08:55 AM.
Old 03-24-2010, 09:11 AM

Platoon Grad Book Pi Plt 3049 7/66 - 9/66

Gary, I have a copy of the book. I can scan the individual pages and send them to you, if that is what you are looking for. I can also scan them and send them via e-mail to anyone who wants them.

Let me know how to proceed.

Jim
Old 03-24-2010, 11:27 AM
Administrator

Jim,

Couple of things,

My post about graduation books was to ask for you help in getting the word out that we have these books. On a side note getting a copy of your book would be great. You can email it to me at:

Secondary is listing you as a point of contact within the platoon section that your books is for. That way others from that platoon can reach you directly for a copy of the book...your call which way you support your fellow Marines be it the book, or simply a copy of it.

Thanks

Gary

Old 03-29-2010, 07:43 AM

Plt 2014 mcrd aug 1968

Can i veiw my platoon book on line or can i puchase it thx dave
Old 03-29-2010, 08:25 AM
Administrator

For book purchase,

go threw Dave.

Admin

Old 05-27-2010, 07:15 AM
Administrator

Graduation book has found a new home

This is a great day for use here at YFP. The goal of finding homes for our archived books has us delivering our first book back to it's new owner.

Lets hope this is just the beginning in returning these books to you Marines.

The Yellow Footprints team

Old 08-06-2011, 08:54 AM
Administrator

Pushing back to the top

Fire for effect.....

Old 08-06-2011, 12:17 PM

Gary, do you want me to scan all the pages or just the photo section at the back? That would be the COand Series officers and staff as well as the platoon graduates

Jim
Old 08-06-2011, 12:49 PM
Administrator

Jim,

As I am sure your aware, the first part of these books up to the DI page are generic in nature. If you willing please scan the DI page to the back of the book. This would give use everyting about this platoon inclouding the training pages.

Thanks for your support

Semper Fi

Gary
Admin

Old 06-03-2014, 04:03 AM
Snoopy69

You can also help the Vietnam Veterans Memorial by offering the new History Center pics from those platoon books of the men on the wall, they are looking for pictures of the dead marines.

Also you might want to think of adding a special "Platoon Graduation Books of the Marine Corps".org site and notify Fox news to do a story, this way you can give out the e-mail and web address to the world (?) Otherwise, you're still going to struggle with our small world.

This weekend I went to a large flea market looking for more platoon books but none I saw this time around. Every Marine I meet I let them know about this site and Leatherneck they say thanks and move one.
Old 06-03-2014, 05:46 AM
Administrator

Snoopy,

Good advice that I will follow up on.

Old 06-04-2014, 06:36 AM

Snoopy.....Just an FYI..... I sent the VVM fund a CD with copies of hundreds of Vietnam era boot camp pix. The idea was for one of their volunteers to use the pix to populate their wall of faces project. The problem is the VVMF site does not have boot camp info on the Marines who were KIA. So someone will have to guestimate bootcamp dates and then search the CDs, one book at a time. Better than nothing but a slow process. Gary, very willingly, offered these pix to the VVMF for this purpose. Every name on that wall should have a picture to go with it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoopy69 View Post
You can also help the Vietnam Veterans Memorial by offering the new History Center pics from those platoon books of the men on the wall, they are looking for pictures of the dead marines.

Also you might want to think of adding a special "Platoon Graduation Books of the Marine Corps".org site and notify Fox news to do a story, this way you can give out the e-mail and web address to the world (?) Otherwise, you're still going to struggle with our small world.

This weekend I went to a large flea market looking for more platoon books but none I saw this time around. Every Marine I meet I let them know about this site and Leatherneck they say thanks and move one.
Old 02-21-2017, 06:49 AM

Graduation Books

Gary,

I have two copies of my graduation book and can certainly provide one if it is wanted. It is for a Parris Island graduation; Platoon 223; graduation date of January 18, 1967.

Thanks!
Old 02-21-2017, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissouriMarine View Post
Gary,

I have two copies of my graduation book and can certainly provide one if it is wanted. It is for a Parris Island graduation; Platoon 223; graduation date of January 18, 1967.

Thanks!
Missouri.... FYI ... Gary is in sick bay right now. So if you don't get a response for a few days/weeks that is why. I am sure he would love to have the extra book but he will have to send you his contact info. Geri
Old 03-02-2017, 11:52 AM
Administrator

MissouriMarine,

I'm out of sick bay so if you'll reach out to me at this email address I'll pass on where you can send the book. Books from the Nam era are in great demand for many have lost their books over the years. Once we receive the I'll scan and post the book as being in our collection.

When we find the book a home I send you a message letting you know your donation has found itself a home.

Thank you so much for such an outstanding donation.

Semper Fi

Gary
Admin