Yellow Foot Prints Forums  

Go Back   Yellow Foot Prints Forums > Navy (Corpsman)

Navy (Corpsman) [Main Page] This forum is dedicated to those Navy (Corpsman) who put their lives on the line to save every Marines life in combat.

Old 11-09-2006, 06:11 AM

Can I brag a little?

I was Marine Corps - 64 - 68, Aviation Electrician and no, I did not make it to Viet Nam - not for a lack of trying rather someone in their impotent wisdom never saw fit to issue me orders. In point of fact, I did not make it far from home - literally. I enlisted on the northside of Chicago, SD for bootcamp, Pendelton for ITR, Memphis for school assignment, NAS JAX for school and then to NAS Glenview, Il (all of 10.9 miles from my parents home) for 34.5 months.

BUT - the reason I would like to brag deals with my youngest step son. He did three years at UNC Wilmington, was an athlete and spent more time with athletics than with academics. He decided to go into the military - good choice for him. I strongly suggested that he go in the Marine Corps - his reply? "No, No, NO...don't want to do that...to much work, yadda yadda!" So he decides to go Navy. He is a smart kid, smart enough to become a Corpsman. Then, just into his basic Corpsman school he elects to become a Corpsman of Marines. He will, IMHO, be doing one of the hardest jobs in the Marine Corps.

He is due to finish his Combat Corpsman School in Balboa at the end of this month. He will report to Camp LeJuene the first of December and then, the word he has, he will be headed to Fallujah (sp) sometime shortly thereafter. Depending on the timing, he may be there at the same time as my son-in-law who is with the Army in Baghdad. We shall see...

Just keep him in your thoughts.
Old 11-09-2006, 06:57 AM
Administrator

Corpsman....Marine

Corpsman or Marine are damn near the same. He is about to do a job that EVERY Marine appreciates. YOU should be proud of him, one he is servering his country. TWO, he will be saving Marine lives. Ya can't ask for any more than that.....

Thought's and prayer's will follow him from all of us.

Carry On Marines!!

Cpl Miller 1964 - 1970 USMC
gmiller@yellowfootprints.com
www.militarycommcenter.com
Old 01-01-2007, 06:50 AM

Update on my Corpsman son...

Kris has reported to 1/2 at LeJuene. He seems to be settling in well and really liking what he is doing. His understanding is that they will end up in Iraq sometime in the latter part of February or early March. Will try to keep you posted on developments.
Old 01-02-2007, 07:18 AM

WE WILL PRAY HIS JOB DOES NOT CALL ON HIM MUC DURNING HIS TOUR AND HE WILL RETURN SAFE

L/CPL JOHN PFANNKUCH THE OLD CORP
Old 10-30-2007, 04:11 PM

So, he thought he was joining the Navy???LOL. Your young swabbie will make a fine Marine,,, And I pray he always dodges the bag. Tell him Semper Fi for me.