Yellow Foot Prints Forums  

Go Back   Yellow Foot Prints Forums > Yellow Foot Prints News [Main Page] > Graduation book sales

Graduation book sales Member book listings

Old 11-29-2010, 10:25 AM
Administrator

Links for grad book sellers

Here are a few links that can be used in searching for your graduation book.

Parris Island: (use the search within feature to type the year you are looking for) http://www.abebooks.com/servlet/Sear...&sts=t&x=0&y=0

San Diego: (use the search within feature to type the year you are looking for) http://www.abebooks.com/servlet/Sear...&sts=t&x=0&y=0

Both:
http://www.abaa.org
Select Type: Hardcover; keyword: Parris Island or San Diego; on next page on the right hand side you will see a box to “Search within these results” that can be used to type in the year or platoon number.

http://www.rarebooklink.com/cgi-bin/...oks/index.html In the “Search” feature, type in Marine

http://blmilitarycollectibles.com
Old 10-27-2012, 01:39 PM

Im still looking for my grad book. I started training nov-72 gaduated feb-73. The problem is i started in plt 3024 and finished with 3034. I dont remember witch plt i was in when the grad books and plt photos were taken. Any help is appreciated. semper-fi
Old 12-20-2014, 05:31 AM

In 1962, the individual pictures for the platoon books were taken within the first two weeks of boot camp. How do I know that for sure you ask. Because the fella I joined the Corps with on the "Buddy Plan" went to sick bay on T-12 and didn't come back. My mother kept all the letters I wrote while in boot camp and ITR and I found them after my parents died.

We hit San Diego the late evening of 28 June 1962, spent that night in receiving and were picked up by our Drill Instructors the afternoon of 29 June. In a letter to my mother, written on 12 July, I told her we had made a PX call that day and Fred had gone to sick bay. Fred is included in the individual pictures in my platoon book so the pictures had to be taken within the first couple of weeks.

Now that said, our book also has pictures at the end of individual pictures (out of alphabetical sequence) of three or four guys we picked up along the way that graduated with us so you may be in both books.

Within two weeks of the end of boot camp, we were allowed to straggle to the PX on our own without the Drill Instructors. On my way back to the platoon area, I ran into Fred and he was in civilian clothes. He said he had been medicaled out because he was allergic to the wool socks. 52 years later we still talk about that.

Oderint dum metuant
Let them hate, so long as they fear.
--Caligula
Old 09-22-2016, 07:14 AM

platoon 3062 from 3rd BN Parris Island in 1988

I'm looking to attain a copy of my Graduation Book.

MCRD: Parris Island
Year: 1988
BN: 3rd
Plt: 3062
Old 09-23-2016, 06:50 AM
Administrator

I sent you an email confirmnig we have a series book that includes your platoon.

Cpl Miller 1964 - 1970 USMC
gmiller@yellowfootprints.com
www.militarycommcenter.com
Old 09-23-2016, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpl Miller View Post
I sent you an email confirmnig we have a series book that includes your platoon.
Box 7 -- should be
Old 09-23-2016, 06:58 PM
Administrator

Yes I found his book in our listing as well...will pull the book and verify but I sent him an email asking for his name but no response yet. Once he responds I'll pull the book and look for his name.

Old 11-03-2017, 09:34 AM

Hello, I am looking for a Graduation Book for MCRD San Diego, Company B, Platoon 1067(I believe...I could be wrong) from 1969. This was my dads platoon-and he arrived at MCRD in March of 1969, so I'm guessing Graduation would've been in June some time. We had this book growing up, and after my own graduation from MCRD San Diego-I remember looking at it and noticing that he was Bravo Company-I was Bravo Company as well, Plt 1045, Graduated November 4, 1994. This Book has become MIA over the years and I would like to find another to replace it as well as a Platoon Photo if possible. My dad is gone now, and it seems as though his book went with him. Thank You for your assistance
Old 11-03-2017, 01:42 PM
Administrator

When your looking to see if we have your graduation book or platoon picture it is easy to search our database by selecting boot camp database on the main screen of this web site.