Yellow Foot Prints Forums  

Go Back   Yellow Foot Prints Forums > Web Links > Personal Marine web sites

Personal Marine web sites Great sites to visit

Old 05-02-2009, 03:39 PM
Administrator

Marine Chat

Welcome to MarineChat.com.

It is our hope that you will enjoy your visits here. We hope that you will feel free to use our forums to communicate with your friends and loved ones.

The forums located on this web page are set up to give you both information and the ability to communicate.

If you use more then one user name, your membership will be subject to review and all user names canceled/banned.

Feel Free To
Drop In For A Visit

Cpl Miller 1964 - 1970 USMC
gmiller@yellowfootprints.com
www.militarycommcenter.com
Old 02-23-2010, 10:47 PM

I like your site Marine Chat.I have already registered in your site.I am enjoying in your site.There are so many members online in your site.I am chat with this member.This site will be very helpful to me.
Old 04-03-2010, 02:20 PM

I tried to register & I get a message that my email address has been banned, WTF ??? I have nevre been there...
Old 04-04-2010, 04:31 AM
Administrator

Chuck does run a "verification" process where an email is sent to your email to complete a registration. Marine Chat has been around for a while. Perhaps you tried to register there sometime back but never completed the process. Send an email to Chuck to ask why your email is banned.

Old 04-04-2010, 07:24 AM

Marine Chat,

may have the same issue we have with our email responder. Email responders are used to varify your email address which helps us varify you have a valid email address before you can gain access to the site.

The problem appears to be the on-line service you belong to, some of these services see our responder as spam and as such will block the message from being delivered to your computer.

The only way around this is to manually set your account on the site you registered on.

As Jack mentions above, reach out to Chuck, he will get you sqared away in short order.
Old 04-04-2010, 08:06 AM
Administrator

Yup! Gmail email addresses are often blocked because some spammers use Gmail. Also, there is a possibility that an email address has been spoofed. An email is sent out making it look like it came from your email address even though it didn't. It's determined that the email is spam and that email address gets blocked even though you didn't send the spam. Another possibility is a trojan has highjacked your email and sends out spam from your email without you even knowing about it.

Old 04-05-2010, 12:45 PM

Well finally after trying my third email address I got accepted. However, now I get the message that my password is invalid (I am aware of uppe case limitations) , requested a password reset, received a new pw via email, and guess what that one does not work either.

Is this new site really worth the effort ???????

PS: I request help three days ago........NONE yet
Old 04-05-2010, 01:12 PM
Administrator

I've forwarded a link to this thread to Chuck.

Old 09-02-2011, 08:11 PM
Visiting Worker Bee

Hello Marines..

I have been reading the problems you may have had trying to join MarineChat.com. To make it easier I will start by saying I am the owner and only sponsor of MarineChat.com. Our forum does not allow advertising of any kind, we do not collect fees, and we do not take donations for the operation of MarineChat.com. I pay 100% of all costs and I own the server MarineChat.com is on. Because of this we demand no ads, commercial links, or pron.

I have known Gary for many years and we are good friends along with most of the administrators here on Yellow Foot Prints. I have even had the honor of helping Gary and his crew with this site from time to time.

Some years ago MarineChat.com had to band several on line email sites because of the amount of spam generated by them. A example is GMail If you try to join our forums with GMail you will not get in. 99.9% of the time if you try to join our forums with the email address supplied by your on line service you will have no problems. We use software that checks and does find anyone who tries to register by bouncing their locations off different email addresses. Believe it or not this happens a lot of times and I'm sure that JITB can tell you some wild stories.

On MarineChat.com we have a private forum (Marines Only) that is enjoyed by many Marines from WWII to current active duty Marines. You are all welcome to join MarineChat.com and then make application to our private forum (The Select Few).

If you have any problems registering or once registered finding out how to join the Select Few just contact me or one of our senior administrators.

And yes.. there has always been a link from MarineChat.com to here at Yellow Foot Prints.

Our direct address is: www.marinechat.com/forums/

Chuck Edmonds, Major, USMC, Retired MrChuck@sbcglobal.net

Senior Administrators:
Frank Dominick, CWO-4, USMC, Retired: f1nd@hotmail.com
Larry Braasch, Sgt (E-5) USMC, Vietnam Vet: larrybee@optimum.net

We look forward to joining hands and bringing all of our Marine Family together.

Semper Fi Marines

My Web Page http://marinechat.com/marinechuck/
Old 09-03-2011, 01:56 AM
Administrator

I certainly understand why Chuck banned gmail accounts. So many spammers and hackers used gmail I was tempted to do the same some time ago. I have noticed it doesn't seem as bad lately but we were getting spammers almost daily a while back that used gmail to log in. There were also a number of people using gmail that had their computers hacked with a virus that tried to spread itself through emails.

Old 09-03-2011, 05:59 AM
Administrator

I had to laugh Major,

Your comment about helping from time to time. Lets put this into prospective, if it weren' for Chuck (Major), Wally Beddeo and the other admins this site wouldn't be here. I owe my lifes work to these Marines...enough said

Carry On Marines!!

Cpl Miller 1964 - 1970 USMC
gmiller@yellowfootprints.com
www.militarycommcenter.com