Yellow Foot Prints Forums  

Go Back   Yellow Foot Prints Forums > Open Channel

Open Channel [Main Page]
Communicate with your Brothers/sister Marines.

Old 10-19-2009, 08:49 PM

The American Flag

OK where do you stand. Should Mexicans who live here?,,,Should they be able to fly the Mexican flag or should they fly the American flag?
I need to know as for me this is America not Mexico. The American flag should fly not the Mexican flag. I know I might get some heat,but this is still America !!!
Love it or leave it!!!! It's still the best place on Earth to live!!!!!!!!!!! Hands Down

Old 10-20-2009, 05:24 AM

The American Flag and NO OTHER should fly in the United States!!! I am a Marine of Mexican descent (both of my parents were born in the U.S.). I myself went and actually took down a Mexican Flag that was flying at some persons home. When confronted, I told them that if they wanted to fly their flag, to do so in Mexico. There is no room in the United States for any other flag except the American Flag!

Semper Fi!
Old 10-20-2009, 11:56 AM
Administrator

Good 4 you MWSG37 ...

Thank you for your service ...

While I have your attention ...

Do you think you could do something about the phone recordings we get too

Have a good one and let the Red, White & Blue fly throughout her country.

Six Out
Old 10-20-2009, 04:01 PM

I agree on the flag, but why focus on the Mexicans? I see more Irish, Italian and others flags and bumper stickers than Mexican.
Old 10-21-2009, 04:47 AM

Yes! I can't stand those recordings that ask if you want something in Spanish. I know how to speak Spanish and I speak it at home. But why do we have to put up with this? In America...speak English! I'll probably catch some heat for this as well but...So! Although I have never actually been in Mexico (does Tijuana on a Friday/Saturday night count?), they never ask if you want something in English...at least I don't think so. Sorry folks...I just love my country and although things aren't perfect...it's the best Country in the whole world!
Old 10-21-2009, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MWSG37 View Post
Yes! I can't stand those recordings that ask if you want something in Spanish. I know how to speak Spanish and I speak it at home. But why do we have to put up with this? In America...speak English! I'll probably catch some heat for this as well but...So! Although I have never actually been in Mexico (does Tijuana on a Friday/Saturday night count?), they never ask if you want something in English...at least I don't think so. Sorry folks...I just love my country and although things aren't perfect...it's the best Country in the whole world!
You'll catch no heat from me. I also speak Spanish because I spoke it as a child at home. Now I rarely use it. I get unsolicited calls from Spanish speaking people because they see a Spanish surname. I always tell them I don't speak it. English is my language. In the Corps I never allowed any of my Marines to speak anything but English in my presence. I came down hard anytime I heard any of them speaking anything but English.
Old 10-21-2009, 01:27 PM

OK here goes the flames ;;

But what did you guys serve and fight for ? So ANY ONE can flay any flag they wish , AS LONG as its not even or above our beloved Stars and Straps , what they fly on their own property or in their own homes or cars is their business . I mean it is still " America The Land Of The Free" is it not . and I will be the first to cut down a flag from a mast that is ragged and torn , and I will give the home owner a new flag. and I do Love my flag as much if not more then some.

Simper_Fi
Old 10-21-2009, 01:40 PM

When I asked the question about flying the flag. I wasn't talking about on cars or anything close to that. I was wanting to know about all nations around the states, I know there are Irish men and women and Hispanic and African America's here also Plus we have Asians here but the worst thing is people don't want to fly the American Flag they fly there home countries flag. I just get upset that they came here for a better life and to live free so show some respect to the country that aloud you to live here thats all.

Old 10-21-2009, 04:11 PM

I agree 100% on just flying the one flag , if the fly their own country's flag then they should fly their host country ( The Good Ole USA ) flag at a higher point. then they can fly what ever flag they pleas My self , I have the flag poles in front of the house with a flood light , On the center mast ( The highest ) I have my beloved Stars and Straps , to the lift , I have the First National Flag of the CSA , and on the right the Florida flag.
But at all times the Stars and Straps fly higher and brighter . My thinking is , I fought for that beautiful flag and by God I will fly it , and My ancestors fought for the First National or the ( Stars and Bars ) so I honor them by flying it , and it is NOT a hate thing . as I have mixed blood in my veins. and this is the most i have said at on time on here .