Yellow Foot Prints Forums  

Go Back   Yellow Foot Prints Forums > Yellow Foot Prints News [Main Page] > Announcements/Updates

Announcements/Updates [Main Page]
Announcements and News Posted Here -

Old 06-30-2013, 02:20 PM
Administrator

Graduation book costs

As many of you know Yellow Footprints is about returning history when we ship each of these graduation books to you Marines who have lost your books over the years.
As you may also know we ship these books to Marines free of charge except for the shipping and handling costs of $20.00. In case you’re wondering where the $20.00 gets spent if the books are free I’d like to lay that out for you so there is NO question what we do with all this money.
First off all books are shipped by US registered mail so we have a tracking number. The shipping cost is about the same across the country and that cost is $12.95. The packing material we wrap the books in cost $3.00 for each book, then there’s the cost of gas to get the book to the post office.
In the end we end up with about $4.00 we get to party with…oh ya I almost forgot then there’s the site monthly hosting cost that has just went up another $10.00 because of the new virus monitoring software we run on the site 24 X 7. This brings our hosting costs to $89.00 a month which I am sure most of you will say oh that’s not much. Ya well it is when you’re on a fixed income like I am.

Moving forward if you take issue with the remaining $4.00 being used to help defer our site cost then the next time you find a book you’ve lost don’t request it….enough said

Gary
Admin

Cpl Miller 1964 - 1970 USMC
gmiller@yellowfootprints.com
www.militarycommcenter.com
Old 02-06-2018, 12:25 PM
Administrator

In the 16 years I've been doing this I've only had two complaints, just saying..ha

Cpl Miller 1964 - 1970 USMC
gmiller@yellowfootprints.com
www.militarycommcenter.com