Yellow Foot Prints Forums  

Go Back   Yellow Foot Prints Forums > Welcome Aboard > Site Sponsors

Site Sponsors This section of the site is for the purpose of fund rasing.

Old 12-31-2011, 08:05 AM
Administrator

Smile New site sponsor page

Yellow Footprints is presently working towards becoming a non-profit 501(3)c company. This re-organization will allow those who donate to the site, a tax deduction.But more importantly, it will allow us to apply for grants that will ensure the long term viability of this site and the preservation of the historical information that the site contains.

HOWEVER, until we know if we can meet the requirements of the 501(3)c process, we need to look at other avenues of funding. I have watched many web sites turn to charging their membership a monthly or yearly fee just to have the privilege of using those web sites. I, for one, have never supported the idea of charging for the use of the site. Marines support each other, we do NOT charge for that support.

So here we are. How do we generate the funds needed that would allow us to continue to provide the access to our historical information and allow the website to grow? Moreover, how will we be able to improve on what we offer our brother and sister Marines through this site and its content?

Here is what I have come up with.
Welcome to the new “Sponsors” section of Yellow Footprints which can be found under the menu on the main page of the site.
When I first decided to add this new feature, I was concerned that others would think we were going commercial. Please be assured that that is not the case.

You will not see advertisements popping up on your screens or banners flying on each page you visit. The “Sponsors” feature is here for one reason and one reason only - fundraising.
We receive hundreds of visitors to the site each day with 5,000+ pages viewed on any given day. Each of those visitors is a potential customer for a business.
Why not make use of a resource I always say.
A sponsoring company or web site who supports Yellowfootprints mission, can place a company or web banner on this page with a link that points to their business. The sponsors will have a relatively inexpensive way of reaching many potential clients and the Marines who utilize the website will know which companies support and recognize the importance of preserving Marines’ history.
I believe a “Sponsor” section will provide benefits to both the sponsoring company and the many visitors to their websites.
If you have a business, please consider sponsoring our mission by advertising here at Yellow Footprints.
If you see a banner for a company listed, please recognize their commitment to the cause of preserving our history by supporting their company.

This may not be the only answer to raising money, but it’s a start until we can either completed our 501(3)c change over or come up with a better idea.
For those interested in our sponsorship program please reach out to: support@yellowfootprints.com
Please take a minute and stop in as new sponsors come on-line, I am sure they’d like to hear from you.

Carry on Marines!!

Thanks everyone for your support
Gary Miller, Cpl. U.S.M.C. 1964-1970

Cpl Miller 1964 - 1970 USMC
gmiller@yellowfootprints.com
www.norcalpreppers.com
www.militarycommcenter.com

Last edited by Cpl Miller; 12-31-2011 at 05:54 PM.
Old 12-31-2011, 01:01 PM
Administrator

I'm doing testing,

so will be turning on/off the Sponsors button until I can verify everyone can get onto the site.

www.norcalpreppers.com

Last edited by Cpl Miller; 12-31-2011 at 02:48 PM.
Old 12-31-2011, 04:05 PM
Administrator

Everything,

appears to be running fine. Graphic logo's are now all working, removed the funding button that has now been replaced with the Sponsors button.

Thanks everyone for your patients

www.norcalpreppers.com
Old 01-01-2012, 06:59 AM

Looking for...

But no can find "Sponsor Button", so it must be turned off, huh?

Happy New Year to all Yellow Footprints Marines and to those who did not have them back when...

Semper Fi
Old 01-01-2012, 08:01 AM
Administrator

If you enter the site,

and the forums page is what pops up on your screen, look under each forum heading and you will see a button marked as "MAIN PAGE", click on that button and it will take you to the main page of the site. Once there look to the left, under MENU, there is where you will find the Sponsors button.

www.norcalpreppers.com
Old 06-03-2014, 05:14 AM
Snoopy69

This is good however, remember disabled war veterans pay no federal taxes therefore, its not tax deductible for us veterans, just saying.
Old 06-03-2014, 06:51 AM
Administrator

For the time being our 401 status is on hold do to the need of the support of a lawyer to help put this together. Unfortunately the funding is not there yet.

www.norcalpreppers.com
Old 03-06-2017, 07:44 AM
Administrator

Presently the 501 tax write off is on hold. If people want to donate they can use our Paypal account but presently it would not be tax deductible. Our Paypal account is:gmiller@yellowfootprints.com.

www.norcalpreppers.com
Old 03-06-2017, 09:59 PM
Visiting Worker Bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marine72_81 View Post
How about a donation section that way everyone can benefit by claiming the donation on there TAX's I been thinking about this and it's clear that if you receive donations it will not hurt your 501 -C-3 benefit..
We have and organization that clams 501-C-3 and it's all legal..
you can ask for $5 10 or 20 dollars and they can write that off on taxes...
Just a thought. for you..and it can help cover the cost you endure out of your pocket..
I guess as a tax accountant I can speak here. It is against the federal tax laws to request donations and issue a receipt for any tax deduction on the donations without having a 401 certification. Cpl Miller and Yellowfootprints does not have that certification at this time. It is not a certification you can just fill out application to get. You have to have a attorney and make a filing with a federal court to put it simple.

I have known Cpl Miller for many years just as he has known me. And there is no way that Gary (Cpl Miller) would ever do something or ask for anything that was not legally obtained.

A lot of us are working to help Cpl Miller. And yes he is putting everything he has into this project. We are hoping that sometime in the near future Cpl Miller will be able to at last get his VA disability pension. When and if that happens then he will be OK. If any of you do want to help you can always send money to him for this project as a personal gift only with no way of being able to deduct it on your personal income taxes.

Gary's biggest expense (the cost of the server being used for this web page) is currently being covered. If he ever needs anything all he has to do is ask me. But he has never asked. I have offered things to him many times and he has always turned me down because this is his project and he wants to do it on his own as any Marine would want to do.

My Web Page http://marinechat.com/marinechuck/
Old 03-07-2017, 08:18 AM
Administrator

Thanks Chuck,

For the record Chuck is, and always has been one of our biggest supporters of our mission here at Yellow Footprints.

One of the reason's I don't visit other web site's that do charge is I
ve always felt it is wrong to charge our Marines for something I feel they've earned. I've always felt if your coming to my web site as an active, or former Marine it is my DUTY to support you at NO cost to you. For the record I've been supporting our Marines with my sites going back to 1996. I never have and never will charge our Marines for what we do here at Yellow Footprints....enough said

www.norcalpreppers.com
Old 03-08-2017, 07:10 PM
Administrator

I have changed the donation page to only reflect our Paypal account for donations.

www.norcalpreppers.com
Old 07-10-2017, 06:04 PM

Welcome to the new Yellow Foot Prints Savings and Loan. If you have no credit No problem ,need a loan no problem have no job no problem.. Can 't make that first payment you have a problem..