Yellow Foot Prints Forums  

Go Back   Yellow Foot Prints Forums > Yellow Foot Prints News [Main Page] > IN THE NEWS

IN THE NEWS Post news about Marines in your area.

Old 05-22-2017, 03:15 PM
Visiting Worker Bee

Post 100% Service connected disabilites

When I was at the VA last week I got to thinking about the number of members in here that have a 100% service connected disability.

Most people never know how hard it is to get that 100% unless they have tried to get a military disability.

I bring this up because of my daughter's father in law. He spent 28 years on active duty and retired as a Super Master Chief (E-9) in the Navy air wing and served in about every war starting with the Vietnam war and through the 80's. Over the years he was hurt many times and spent time in Naval hospitals. Yet he can not get past 40% disability. He has all the disabilities I have and more. But the amount of each disability is just not there (10% to 30%). I know that my two major disabilities are the results of screw ups by the Department of the Navy, my eyes (100%), my hearing (60%), and my tinnitus (10%).

To me my 100% disability was a shoe in and I don't think being a mustang officer had anything to do with it.

The point I guess I am trying to get across is that there should be someplace like here where the 100%'ers can get together to help those that are disabled and having problems getting their disabilities approved.

Most veterans give up because they feel like they are getting the run around. The higher your disability award the harder it is to get proof or verify your disability.

My daughters father in law is currently at a rating of 44% rounded off to 40%. He currently has 30%, 10% and 10% disability. He only needs that one more percent to put him over the hump for his 50%. That is the mark he is trying to reach. Then he will not just get part of his retirement pay tax free but he will get payments of a little over $1,000.00 a month for being rated at 50%. That means a lot to a lot to retired folks.

My Web Page http://marinechat.com/marinechuck/
Old 05-22-2017, 06:51 PM

I'm working on my Disability for my Hearing..
I got hearing aids now they want to do another test after they already determine I have hearing loss again..
Then they want to determine what % I should get..
Worked in the Air wing almost my entire time in the Corps
How many hoops must I jump through Chuck..??
Old 05-27-2017, 05:24 PM
Visiting Worker Bee

Bill, Don't proceed any further on a VA disability with out getting a VSO or I'm sure you will end up with far less then you should receive or get denied all together.

Contact the VA and ask for a list of VSO's in your area. Again what ever you do, don't try to do it by yourself or you will send a lot of time and get nothing.

If you get a disability for your hearing you will not get a cheap set of hearing aids that you can buy in any 5 and dime store. You will get a set programmed for your hearing loss and they will work perfectly.

The hearing aids I get from the VA cost them $11,000. 00 I know the cost because they let me see a copy of the invoice that they paid for my hearing aids.

Old 05-28-2017, 01:40 PM
Visiting Worker Bee

http://www.military.com/daily-news/2017/05/24/elderly-vets-face-benefits-cut-trump-budget.html?ESRC=dod_1705 26.nl

Here it is almost 1700 today and I still have not done anything.

I've been reading all this junk about the head of the VA wanting to drop the Unemployability Clause for disability income for those Vets that do not have a rating of 100% but a lesser amount of between 60% and 80% and then getting the Unemployability part for the rest of their disability to bring them up to 100%.

If that goes through a lot of Vets are going to have their disability payments greatly reduced. It will also mean loosing a lot of benefits that come with that disability of 100% with Unemployability on things like Dental, property tax reductions, free disabled Veterans license plates, and so on. I know that some in here, if it goes through, will have their disability payments cut from a little over $3,000 a month to $1,100 a month.

None of it will effect me because I have a service connected permanent disability of 100% on my eyes by themselves plus 60% on my hearing and 10% on my tinnitus. All of my disabilities are rounded down to a total payment of 100%.

Everyone one should get their VFW's involved in this one.

Old 05-29-2017, 09:33 AM
Administrator

Like many of you I too have a hearing loss (85%) left hear from my time in the Corps. Get this, I files back in 1988 and have been turned down twice now and that's with the help of a VA rep. OK I will admit my first VA rep turned out to be a useless piece of crap that turns out wanted money in the end.

In the last couple of months I've found a VA support person who has don't more in a month than others that took years. With the VA's help I was send to Danville, CA for what I think is my last ditch effort to get the VA to see things my way......Keep your fingers crossed people.

I know this thread is here to cover Marine's but I'd like to start this same type of thread over at the Military Comm Center where the web site covers ALL branches of our military. You can see that forum at this link:

http://www.marinecommcenter.com/comm...splay.php?f=39

If you Marines don't mind would you cut and paste your comments here over at the comm center. Thanks

Carry on Troops

Cpl Miller 1964 - 1970 USMC
gmiller@yellowfootprints.com
www.norcalpreppers.com
www.militarycommcenter.com
Old 05-29-2017, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
http://www.military.com/daily-news/2017/05/24/elderly-vets-face-benefits-cut-trump-budget.html?ESRC=dod_1705 26.nl

Here it is almost 1700 today and I still have not done anything.

I've been reading all this junk about the head of the VA wanting to drop the Unemployability Clause for disability income for those Vets that do not have a rating of 100% but a lesser amount of between 60% and 80% and then getting the Unemployability part for the rest of their disability to bring them up to 100%.

If that goes through a lot of Vets are going to have their disability payments greatly reduced. It will also mean loosing a lot of benefits that come with that disability of 100% with Unemployability on things like Dental, property tax reductions, free disabled Veterans license plates, and so on. I know that some in here, if it goes through, will have their disability payments cut from a little over $3,000 a month to $1,100 a month.

None of it will effect me because I have a service connected permanent disability of 100% on my eyes by themselves plus 60% on my hearing and 10% on my tinnitus. All of my disabilities are rounded down to a total payment of 100%.

Everyone one should get their VFW's involved in this one.
My V.A.R. said not to sign or do anything and he came out and said they are F*ing you and That he was going to F*ing them back so I'm waiting for him to get back to me...
Old 06-03-2017, 09:17 AM
Administrator

Let us know how this turns out. The way I read things it's like they (VA) have a different set of rules for each Vet....It's really fucked up.

Cpl Miller 1964 - 1970 USMC
gmiller@yellowfootprints.com
www.norcalpreppers.com
www.militarycommcenter.com
Old 06-05-2017, 12:14 PM

Will do Sir..
Old 10-21-2017, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpl Miller View Post
Let us know how this turns out. The way I read things it's like they (VA) have a different set of rules for each Vet....It's really fucked up.
Update on me.. They said I failed the hearing test.. Dud I knew I would and then they denied my clam. They said being around all the jet and motor noise didn't affect my hearing ARE You for real !!! I'm appealing the denial..