Yellow Foot Prints Forums  

Go Back   Yellow Foot Prints Forums > Whats your story?

Whats your story? Post experience while in the Corps

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 11-24-2014, 11:14 AM

Honor Platoon 3065 MCRD San Diego Sept. 1966

I have spent the last 38 years searching for my recruit graduation book with no luck. I was in Honor Platoon 3065 MCRD San Diego. Senior DI Gunnery Sgt. P J Miller. Commenced training 11 July 1966. Graduated 29 September 1966.
Can anyone out there help me find this book? I do not want to give up on my search but I am getting very frustrated.
Thank you.
Semper Fi.
Steve Nachbar
phone#: 913-284-1900
Old 11-24-2014, 01:47 PM

Steve i also have put a lot of effort into finding my red book. Platoon 3034 from PI 1973. Like you i have had no luck. I still am not sure if i am even in it. I started out in platoon 3024 went into the hospital for two weeks. Then i went into plt 3034. Don't know if they had enough time to put me in it. So i could be in either book. Maybe with luck one day i will find it.
Old 11-24-2014, 02:22 PM

Hey Steve and Rocky:...It was great talking to you today Steve..I should have been doing this a while back..There are alot of little book shops all over Seattle,and afew up around my house..I'am off until next Monday..I have both of your info..If I see any graduation book,I will get it and let Gary know....

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL MY BROTHERS AND THERE FAMILY'S

GOD BLESS THE CORPS AND ALL THAT IT STANDS FOR

SEMPER FI MY FRIENDS
Old 11-24-2014, 03:14 PM

yearbook search

If you are searching online, the broader you make the search term the better. Many vendors do not know where to find the yearbook number or the date of the book. You can put in a variety of search terms on Ebay and save them. You will get an email everytime something is posted that meets your search criteria. I suggest "Marine Corps Recruit Depot", "Marine Corps Yearbook" etc. You may get a lot of responses and have to sort through them but it is better than missing your book because the vendor did not post the specific info. You can also go to alibris.com and biblio.com. They have many yearbooks for sale. Suggested search "Marine Corps Recruit Depot". On these sites and ebay, you may have to contact the seller to get more specific info on a book. Finding a book is not easy but it can be done!! Good luck.
Old 11-25-2014, 09:35 AM

Stan and Wind race thank you both for posting. Any assistance you can give in locating my red book is greatly appreciated. Have a happy thanksgiving to you and yours. And the same to you Steve. semper-fi