Yellow Foot Prints Forums  

Go Back   Yellow Foot Prints Forums > Yellow Foot Prints News [Main Page] > Obituaries Updates

Obituaries Updates [Main Page]
This section covers updates or new additions to our obituaries database.

Old 10-03-2008, 11:04 AM
Administrator

Lester R. King, Jr., 76, Homer, MI

Lester R. King, Jr., 76, of Homer, died Sunday, Jan. 13, 2002 at the Veterans Administration Hospital in Battle Creek.

He was born Feb. 12, 1925 in Jackson to Lester Raymond and Turena K. (Riker) King. He served in the Marine Corps during World War II in the Pacific Theater. For many years, he did automobile body repairing and painting.

Survivors include daughter Judy Bildner of Osseo; sons Steve Chamberlain of Homer and Donald Chamberlain of Lansing; sisters Dorothy Reed of Homer and Mrs. Norman (Maxine) Cambo of Bremington, Washington; brother Kenneth King of Marshall; seven grandchildren; and six great-grandchildren. He was preceded in death by his parents.

Graveside services were January 18 at Fairview Cemetery in Homer, with the Rev. Mark Mitchell officiating. Memorial contributions may be made to the Veterans Administration Hospital in Battle Creek. Arrangements were handled by the J. Kevin Tidd Funeral Home in Albion.
Old 02-23-2017, 12:51 PM

I am Lester King's grandson. I can across this today while after doing a quick google search. I never knew my blood grandfather and only learned his name after his passing. My dad has only in the recent years begun to talk openly about him. Lester and my grandma parted ways when my dad and siblings were young kids.

I know very little of this side of my family, but I am very proud and my grandfather was a veteran of WWII and a Marine.