Yellow Foot Prints Forums  

Go Back   Yellow Foot Prints Forums > Open Channel

Open Channel [Main Page]
Communicate with your Brothers/sister Marines.

Old 09-29-2009, 09:48 AM

The Murtha Airport Bailout what a Joke !!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86OEkg0XeD8
Old 09-29-2009, 12:56 PM
Administrator

Just goes to show,

There ain't no one watching WHERE our money is going...what bullshit when we have starving families around this great nation going without.

Cpl Miller 1964 - 1970 USMC
gmiller@yellowfootprints.com
www.militarycommcenter.com
Old 09-30-2009, 03:18 AM

You know it makes me wonder who the politician is really for !st once they get in to office they seem to not really want to buck the man. But months and weeks before they said till death do we part I'll do what ever it takes to get the job done , and now look at them ,LOOK at murtha what a scum-bag.
Old 10-06-2009, 08:01 PM

I really have mixed emotions over this. I dispise John Murtha and everything that traitorous former marine stands for.

However, I am a private pilot and understand the important role that general aviation plays in the US... we cannot turn our backs on it... while they are not highly visible activities, most play an economic benefit to the community.

There are hundreds of excellent airports in the US that have no commercial flights yet are maintained to some degree by either federal or state or local taxes..or all 3... not all are self supporting.

I would think all of us can think of a former miltary base in our areas that have been closed by BRAC ... in my area alone, we have Plattsburg, Griffiss (Rome), Pease and others that are former Air Force bases... all BRAC affected and turned over to locals.

Many of such federally support funds go to airports that maintain some degree of military (Air National Guard) presence..I believe the Murtha airport is one.

But the $$$ put into Murtha's airport are excessive. Expansions in the face of contractions. Even the commercial airline is subsidized... not so in many others.
Old 10-07-2009, 09:20 AM
Administrator

I have a feeling,

that the money this airport received was part of a deal where IF you want my vote for some other bill you WILL include my funding projects in that bill or I won't sign yours.

It's bullshit how this works, why can't there be a line item veto that looks out for our money instead of paying one senator for his vote to get a much more important bill to pass. They sneak these add on projects to a bill figuring the general public won't see them or complain about them. No wonder this great nation is in the hole when it comes to funds.

Cpl Miller 1964 - 1970 USMC
gmiller@yellowfootprints.com
www.militarycommcenter.com