Yellow Foot Prints Forums  

Go Back   Yellow Foot Prints Forums > Yellow Foot Prints News [Main Page] > On-Hand Graduation books

On-Hand Graduation books [Main Page]
Books stored by YFP, and or members.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 61 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 02-02-2013, 05:39 PM

Looking for yearbook Plt 2105 Grad January 1987

Fellow Marines - I am looking for yearbook or any yearbook pictures from MCRDSD graduated 7 January 1987, Plt 2105

Senior Drill Instructor SSGT Nichols, Drill Instructors SGT Buffington and SGT Repetti

Any help would be greatly appriciated
Old 02-12-2013, 01:33 PM

Info: Class 1969 Parris Island S.C. Platoon 184 Aug. 11th

I am looking for yearbook's and any info on my class and platoon.
Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you
Old 10-18-2013, 02:06 PM

Just checking back. Plt 339 of 336 series Parris Island jul7, 1961 to Oct 1961. SDI SSGT Rushing, also Sgts Fox, Long and Phillips. Was treated at sick bay for some horrendous blisters as Native Americans do have a very distinct walk--toe to heal. In the Corps, they emphasised heals down hard. Blisters both feet like horseshoes. They also said at one place of photos that they had no grad plt photos for 1961. Would it help if I sent a copy of my DD214?
Old 10-18-2013, 02:07 PM

Should add my name Thearle J Lacey Pvt 1970306. Plt 339 Parris Island. Been a long disappointing hunt.
Old 10-19-2013, 06:26 PM
Administrator

If it helps

when you post your name out there on the internet as you have here the WORLD now knows your name. They can also be directed to this threas....and anything can happen. Keep your head screwed on tight Marine, you'll be found.

Cpl Miller 1964 - 1970 USMC
gmiller@yellowfootprints.com
www.militarycommcenter.com
Old 11-16-2013, 09:03 PM

Info: 1969 Parris Island S.C. Platoon 262 (aka 2062???) April 23 - June 24, 1969

Senior DI - SSgt Dunleavy
DI - Sgt Coles

Any good information would be most appreciated! See message under Parris Island books for more information.
http://yellowfootprints.com/forums/s...?t=9506&page=6

Semper Fi
KB Cpl USMC 1969-1973

Last edited by KB_Thailand; 04-17-2014 at 12:41 AM. Reason: Added link to other message (hope that is allowed)
Old 11-30-2013, 05:59 PM

Cpl. Miller: This might help others as it did me. Found some books on Ebay at $100 or over. When I checked one for my name, it wasn't there and the guy apologized for price. What some people do is place a price so high that collectors are not interested in spending that much. This is done and if one of these books are your, the price comes way down.

Pvt. Thearle J. Lacey 1970306....Looking for corrected number for PI Plt.339 Jul 7, 1961 to Sept. 1961 SDI S/SGT Rushing; also Sgt Fox, Sgt Long, Sgt Phillips. Semper Fi
Old 12-01-2013, 09:53 AM
Administrator

I see no reason,

for someone to raise the price on these books just to omit collectors is stupid. It's collectors like Yellow Footprints who purchase these books that are then GIVEN away to our fellow Marines.

At this point your platoon was not in our database, I have however created a platoon section which you can view at the following link:

http://www.yellowfootprints.com/year...y.php?cat=1752

Admin

Old 12-12-2013, 02:07 PM

Collectors

Cpl Miller: I fully agree with you. I'm just passing the word what I was told by someone on ebay with books priced like that. What bothered me and what I felt wasn't right at all was his final note on line that "he would negotiate." But I'm passing this info on to you FYI.

Very disappointing to hear they do that. I found my son's and paid a total of $34.00; his book was reputed rare and I love my son dearly. I almost lost him to a drunk driver. He's partially paralyzed.

Pvt. Lacey
Old 12-12-2013, 02:40 PM
Administrator

Sorry to hear

about your son, please pass on our thought's and prayers. Glad you were able to find his book, and considering how much people are asking for these books $34.00 isn't bad.

Semper Fi

Gary

Old 12-12-2013, 04:41 PM

Gary:

Thanks and I WILL pass along you words of encouragement. Besides numerous broken bones (two right ribs, collar bone, jaw in three places and a punctured left lung), his brain was torn, nerves stripped and a shaken baby syndrome that the do0cs said was the worse they ever saw. Coma seven weeks and I was with him every day from 5pm-7am. I'm a Reiki Master and I was treating him, too. The doctors told me he'd just be a vegetable. This young man, 37, is a gungo ho Marine. I saw him smile; I watched him open his eyes, it was like watching your kid born again. Even crippled, he's raising his two babies. Proud to say he's my hero.

Again, thanks......... Semper Fi............ Thearle
Old 12-12-2013, 06:06 PM
Administrator

All Marines are hero's, some more than others. Each of us must at some point in life figure out who and what we are as people. Your son is proving time and time again that he is a Marine who will do what he has to to succeed. It sucks he has to go through life this way but you have to know HE knows he can take it. Should he ever wonder if he has what it takes he has you there to remind him of all he was/is/ and always will be.......LOVED

Please pass on a HEART Simper Fi

By the way, you can reach me directly at this email address:

Old 12-13-2013, 03:23 PM

Pl 3081 Lima Co PISC Sept 14, 1990 I have this book if anyone needs it
Old 12-22-2013, 10:38 PM

I'm looking for anything about plt 123, 1stbn at MCRD PARRIS ISLAND Feb 1958
Old 12-23-2013, 07:57 AM
Administrator

Although we

didn't have this platoon listed in our database I have since created it for you. I would suggest posting your contact information (email address only) in case others from this platoon find the listing.

Let me know if you need my help?

http://www.yellowfootprints.com/year...y.php?cat=1708

Semper Fi

Gary
Admin

Old 02-18-2014, 02:59 PM

Platoon Book

Still looking for my platoon book from platoon 1035 PI Sept 27 1966.
Thanks
Mike Luthe
mike@murphywomen.net
Old 02-28-2014, 06:22 PM

I am looking for a few things. My own graduation book, N Co Plt 4024 Aug 2008. It was ordered and never received unfortunately; I would like to find it if possible.

More importantly and probably more difficult; my grandfather was a Marine and passed away several years ago. We have no photos of him in uniform, and I would like to find anything from his boot camp days that i can-platoon photo, individual photo, platoon book...anything that exists. He enlisted in January 1948.
The problem is that I dont have any of his platoon information. I do however have his DD-214. Am I totally out of my depth here, or is this possible?
Old 03-01-2014, 02:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatashaD View Post
He enlisted in January 1948.
The problem is that I dont have any of his platoon information. I do however have his DD-214. Am I totally out of my depth here, or is this possible?
On the DD 214 you should see something like the screen shot below in his service listing. The Under RecruitTrng shows when he was at PI or SD I think, and will tell you which. In my example, it shows I was at PI Apr-23-69 and graduated Jun-24-69. This will give a good starting point for searching the database here and finding the platoons closest to when your grandfather served. It may not lead to a hit instantly, but at least it will give you a starting point. I hope it helps! Good luck!

Semper Fi,
KB
Attached Images

Old 03-01-2014, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatashaD View Post
I am looking for a few things. My own graduation book, N Co Plt 4024 Aug 2008. It was ordered and never received unfortunately; I would like to find it if possible.

More importantly and probably more difficult; my grandfather was a Marine and passed away several years ago. We have no photos of him in uniform, and I would like to find anything from his boot camp days that i can-platoon photo, individual photo, platoon book...anything that exists. He enlisted in January 1948.
You are probably going to need a bolt of lightening to help you find your grandfather's picture. In 1948, I do not believe that there were graduation yearbooks. The earliest ones I have seen start in the 1950's. That being said there are group platoon photos from the 1940's. Using the joined/completed dates from the dd214, call the recruit depot and ask if they can tell you what platoons formed or graduated on those dates. They may not be able to tell you but maybe they can....it is worth a try. It appears that the Corps did mot save records and/or they did not archive them in a way that they can be easily accessed now. Finding old info is incredibly hard. The depot may give you several numbers but that will be better than you have now. Once you have some numbers you will at least have a starting point in your search. Be aware that group platoon photos do not have names associated with the pix and it is sometimes really hard to pick out someone you know from the tiny little pix. Both recruit depots have some platoon photos for sale. Not an easy task.
(and if you do manage to find his platoon number and a platoon pix....you can take the pic to a photo shop and have them crop out your grandfather and blow up the pic so it is easy to see. Not cheap but a way to get a good pic.) Good luck.
Old 03-01-2014, 10:23 AM
Administrator

For the record the books didn't start shipping from San Diego until 1953 and Parris Island started in 1950.

Platoon pictures however go back much farther like 1932