Yellow Foot Prints Forums  

Go Back   Yellow Foot Prints Forums > Open Channel

Open Channel [Main Page]
Communicate with your Brothers/sister Marines.

Old 02-08-2008, 03:53 PM

Booksbenji

Books ..

You have made several posts here lately ... I and others have said this before... you need to answer some questions being put to you on the others sites... you have ignored them. I would like you to prove these questions wrong....

1. WOF asked about your profile in Military.com where you stated you were on the 2nd last chopper out of Saigon. He asked what units were you with, etc., because nothing you posted seemed to support that. Others weighed in who were closer to the Saigon evacuation and also questioned the veracity of your statement.

2. Books profile in Leatherneck.com shows E-4, service dates 1969-1979. Profile in Military.com shows E-5, 1969-1975

3. You made a post at this site:
http://www.helium.com/tm/664217/writ...ppened-spring.

In it you post a letter you claim to have sent to the parents of USMC PFC. William B. Jones. You state “I am writing to inform you that your son, PFC. Willam B. Jones was killed by enemy action on 041774 (April 17, 1974).”

Such notifications are made by the Corps and such letters are normally written by Officers in his command.

4. There was no PFC Jones killed on that date in Vietnam. In fact, there were no American KIA anywhere in South Vietnam on that date. There was a USMC PFC. Willam B. Jones from Oneonta, NY, KIA on 2/25/69 in Quang Tri province.

5.You write of your participation in the operations on and about that above date while your profile in Military.com shows you were attached to "MCASIWAKUNI HQCO MCAS AUG73-JUN74" when the letter above says the Vietnam actions took place in the spring of 1974. Your own posted profile does not indicate any time or unit in Vietnam.

6. When you pull up the profile for Ben Weihrich in Military.com, you bring up the one that he himself made out. However, if you go to Military.com, Buddy Finder, go to advanced search and search for DOD records only, you get that his name cannot be found.

I can put in the name of ANYONE, dead or alive, I served with 40 years ago into the DOD search and they come up.... but Ben Weihrich’s name does not.

I will state that the DOD internet record may not be 100% accurate but when included with all the other points above, it does raise additional questions.

7. The above questions were posted in several threads over a short period of time. It is known that you saw them. You have never responded. Why??

Please respond so we can put these concerns to bed....
Old 02-12-2008, 04:43 PM

I see Tom Hansen has made a post attached to several threads that Books has recently posted on... my response to Tom

Tom...

I understand what you have done and I support it.

When this stuff about Books started to come to light a few months back, I made some posts in somewhat of an apologetic manner to Books asking him to put the issues to bed.

3rd ReconDoc straightened my head out on and showed me how a poser insults those we served with. Doc was right. The more I thought about it, the less apologetic I became. A poser of this type INSULTS the memory of many friends whose names are engraved on a black Wall in DC. I never stop thinking about them...they are always with me... and the thought of someone posing when they made the ultimate sacrifice is like pissing on their graves.

Books has failed to respond to any of these questions for many months now. His silence speaks volumes.

Well done, Tom..

Semper Fi, my brother........

Gary,

In light of these posts, if Books continues to fail to answer, I ask that his access to the Yellowfootprints be revoked.

Last edited by Bob Tate; 02-12-2008 at 04:45 PM.
Old 02-12-2008, 05:31 PM
Administrator

Bob/Tom

Please see incoming mail..

Gary
Old 03-17-2008, 06:06 PM

Tom / Gary..

I hope I don't inadvertantly piss on anyone's parade but I am posting the info that Tom had posted on another site... I feel it is important for Marine's to know this about Books and make their own judgment.........

My hat is off to Tom for getting this info...

the below is from Tom
_____________________________...___
Sometimes as Adults we have to eat our words, I have to admit I owe Books a partial apology. So Books, I’m sorry for calling you a Poser in the context of never being a Marine. I was wrong. But Hold the phone. I got the information back today from the POW Network, much to my surprise Books was a Marine, however how he painted himself was totally fiction. So, instead of eating the entire crow I will just take one wing. The following information is from the St Louis Records Center as requested by the POW Network under the Freedom of Information Act. This is considered public knowledge and Information:

Boot Camp

Mar 19, 1969 to June 2 1969 as USMCR, Transferred to USMC on June 3, 1969, discharged on June 2, 1975.

Books claims to have been with PFC Jones when he was kill in action on 2/25/69, as you can see Books did not enter Boot Camp until 3/19/69.

Service
Books in several posts said he was on active duty for ten years. Factually Books was only on active duty for six years

Awards and Badges
Books qualified a Marksman with the Rifle and as Sharpshooter with the Pistol. Books had one Good Conduct Medal and a National Defense Medal. No other medals or awards are listed or earned.

If Books had six years service why only one Good Conduct Medal? Books would have rated a second Good Conduct for six years unless there was a Legal issue. I’ll get to that later.

MOS
Books did attend Comm School in San Diego CA.

Duty Stations and Vietnam

Books did move around quit a bit, in his six years he has 20 entries on his page 1070 Record of Service. These all appear to be after his Comm School, most of the entry’s where from Camp LeJune including his location of Discharge. So what about Vietnam? With some help from a Brother Marine experienced in knowing location codes listed on a 1070, it appears that Books travels only took him as far as west as Okinawa for a PSC Station. Refer back to his awards, he has no awards or medals listed for being incountry (Vietnam). Books only has two awards, none of them for Vietnam Service. Therefore for I would be wasting my time going down this road as he was never in Vietnam.

Rank and Discharge

On the MODF Books listed his rank as being a Sergeant, on Leatherneck.com he lists his rank as being a Corporal. Books may have been these ranks at one time as there is no way to tell, however, his rank at Discharge was as a Lance Corporal.

The Records Center only sent 3 pages of Books information, one page as a general information sheet that they filled out. The way they filled it out makes me wonder, for example if a category was left blank with no information they would put a N/A. Two categories stood out to me “Transcript of Court-Martial Trail” had “Not in File” under it and Duty Status was “Discharged”. Read what you want into this.

We all can read what we want into this. I have tried several times to contact Books including the day I wrote this but he still does not reply. Several other have tried to get Books to talk to them but with no luck that I know of. I can’t tell you how to fell about this but from my stand point Books still misrepresented his past to us as a Brother Marine not just once however there is nothing he said can be proved to be true other than he was a Marine. Other than answering questions I will not be pursuing this further, I would like to thank Bob Tate who supplied me with a lot of the information refuting Books claims. I bring this information to you as a Brother Marine and not as a Moderator. Let’s not get this confused. Lastly, I still consider Books a Poser…..

I had a response to Tom on his post (below) ... and with it I also ask that Book's access to this site be restricted until he comes clean......

Sorry for not responding sooner but I am out of the country and access is difficult. Thanks for finding out the facts on Books. I too will apologize for questioning his being a Marine. But considering the fact that he has failed to respond to the simpliest of questions for almost 6 months now, the apology ends there.

It still disturbs me greatly that someone, especially a Marine, will lie about their service to make themselves something they are not. And to use the name of a Marine who made the ultimate sacrifice, and that of his family, to enhance themselves is pathetic and unforgiveable.

I have too many friends whose names are on a black Wall in DC to accept that lightly. It insults their sacrifice.

Semper Fi
Bob T.
_________
Old 03-17-2008, 07:50 PM

thanks

Bob,

Thanks. I sent this to Gary to post as it would not let me post over 100 words, by a earlier e-mail he (Gary) sent to me I take he was pissed at me about something. He has blown off all other e-mails from me including a PDF pic of my Father Inlaws 1943 Platoon pic. He must be related to Books....Sorry to take this public Gary but you where the blowing me off, My hats off to Bob....

Tom Hansen
Old 03-17-2008, 08:42 PM

Let us not forget that the focus here should not be Tom ...or Gary..or Bob... or on anything that was to be posted but wasn''t...

it should be on a Marine that lied about his service to make himself something he was not...and his use of the name of a Marine who made the ultimate sacrifice, and that of his family, to enhance himself ....it is pathetic...

But a question is this... Books FUBAR'd ... what if he came here, among his fellow Marine's and came clean?? What would we do if he did??

Books?? are you there??
Old 03-17-2008, 09:08 PM

It would be for me, the context of his words....
Old 03-17-2008, 10:39 PM

I think you two idots , my that I mean tom and bob, should go back and craw back in your hole of a web site , yes I mean squad bay. The only time anybody from there comes here is to cause shit' I for one i'm tired of hereing it. tom and others from the hole don't even even say they were in the Corp. Maybe you all are want to be's
Old 03-18-2008, 09:27 AM

Hey 26th,

I'm not a active member at Squad Bay, have not signed on there for atleast 3 to 4 weeks. Books was/is a member may other places other than here. Nice try....

Last edited by Tom Hansen; 03-18-2008 at 09:56 AM.
Old 03-18-2008, 03:59 PM
Administrator

As far as THIS site,

is concerned, this subject is now closed people.

Admin

Cpl Miller 1964 - 1970 USMC
gmiller@yellowfootprints.com
www.norcalpreppers.com
www.militarycommcenter.com
Old 03-18-2008, 05:23 PM

Gary...

I am sorry to see you have not taken a positon...any position..on this books thing...

I am moreso dismayed that, in not doing so, I feel like that you, like usmc26th, see nothing wrong in a Marine using the name and family of a Marine who made the ultimate sacrifice, to make himself something he is not...

at least Tom and I have not hidden our names behind some made up "screen name"...

remove me if you feel I have violated your TOS...no loss...

Bob
Old 03-18-2008, 05:36 PM
Administrator

Bob,

Do NOT take me out of context with this subject matter. I HAVE expressed my feelings to books. HE knows my feelings on this subject. That's why you no longer see him here.

It is my job as an owner and an admin to try and stay neutral on these subjects no matter how pissed I get when I see a brother Marine pull what you've proven was done here.
You do not need my approval or dis-approval to know that I support your efforts. If I didn't, you wouldn't be posting the subject here...enough said

And for the record, neither of you have broken any rules around here. You've been honest, and above board as far as I am concerned.

Gary

Cpl Miller 1964 - 1970 USMC
gmiller@yellowfootprints.com
www.norcalpreppers.com
www.militarycommcenter.com
Old 03-18-2008, 05:39 PM

Gary..

I understand..

S/F
Bob
Old 03-19-2008, 07:00 AM

Gary

The least you could have done is to send both Bob and I PM's on this if you wanted your comments not to be public.....

thanks

tom hansen
Old 03-19-2008, 08:55 AM
Administrator

Tom,

I already expressed my thought's on this subject to you, I didn't think I needed to continue to expressing them. I did as you ask of me in contacting books in asking him to respond to you. Once I received NO responce from him I left everthing up to you both.

If it helps, I support your efforts.

Gary