Yellow Foot Prints Forums  

Go Back   Yellow Foot Prints Forums > Open Channel

Open Channel [Main Page]
Communicate with your Brothers/sister Marines.

Old 03-15-2009, 03:07 PM
Administrator

I think the California law only applies to semi-auto hadguns as does the proposed law in Connecticut. There is no "microchip" invloved. Microstamping is putting code info on the head of the firing pin that will leave that info on the primer when the handgun is fired. Microstamping may also include putting that info on the face of the bolt to transfer the info to the cartridge case upon firing.

I do think once there is enough success in passing the law for handguns is made, there will be a movement for similar laws for rifles and shotguns. Since more than just semi-auto long guns eject spent brass, the laws for long guns will probably apply to that 30-30 or pump shotgun also.

Old 03-16-2009, 04:51 AM
Administrator

Bottom line is that the anti-gun crowd feels they can get through all sorts of laws to get firearms out of the hands of law abiding citizens.

Old 03-19-2009, 02:33 PM

the microchip and stamping is a boojum

explosives are traced by a color coded filler mixed with it that leaves a residue at a scene - this leads ATF right to the one who purchased the explo, and if there is no scene residue they know home made was used and start looking that way

that same color coded filler can - and possibly may already be - used to trace ammo - it would be found on the vic, the weapon, and the shooter's hands and clothes
you might get it off you and your weapon but not off the vic

that means that if you sell your ammo to someone else and they do a dirty with it, you could get the chop as the buyer
only a matter of time till we're back to bows and arrows

I quit hunting because I couldn't shoot at anything that couldn't shoot back - just didn't seem right
Old 03-22-2009, 03:13 AM
Administrator

It looks like this administration is going to have a tough time getting back door efforts to work to take away the right to own a firearm. The DoD had announced it would no longer sell spent ammunition cases to manufacturers that reloaded them for cheap ammo or resold the cases to hand loaders. But, pressure from the gun lobby and a few politicians that had some common sense reversed that decision.

As far as hunting goes, I also quit hunting some years back but it was more because of laziness than any other reason. Places to hunt were drying up in my area. I didn't enjoy dressing out game and the discomfort in some types of hunting were getting harder for me to endure as I got older. There are a few types of hunting I think I would still like to try though.

Old 03-22-2009, 11:57 AM

The South would have stood a better chance if instead of trying to match the Union Army musket for musket they'd equipped their troops with bows and arrows - and spent the millions they wasted on muskets powder and shot to build a navy.

Get a bow and some good arrows.

If I ever need a rifle I'll put an arrow in the first bad guy I see and take his.