Yellow Foot Prints Forums  

Go Back   Yellow Foot Prints Forums > Open Channel

Open Channel [Main Page]
Communicate with your Brothers/sister Marines.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 12-19-2007, 11:35 AM

Platoon 2038 MCRD San Diego

In looking at the Boot Camp Data Base, I see that somebody registered for Platoon 2038 that graduated sometime in 1982 but there are no pictures attached nor are there any names for contacts. I was in Platoon 2003 that graduated in San Diego in March of 1982. I am in the process of sending my Platoon pictures to Cpl Miller as there is hardly any representation for the year of 1982, it must have been a bad year for recruits. Anyway, I was wondering if anybody knew who the person was that signed up for Platoon 2038 in 1982? The reason I ask is because I understand that my Senior D/I SSGT Giambelluca was the Senior for Platoon 2038 that was in the series after mine. Can anybody out there verify if SSGT Giambelluca was the Senior for Platoon 2038. My Junior D/I's were SSGT Saucedo and then SSGT McKinney. Anybody remember these Marines?

Semper Fi,

CPL M Westervelt "Westy"
Old 12-19-2007, 07:49 PM
Administrator

An explanation may help...

There are instances where a platoon section has been created, but no information is listed within that section. The reason for this is how some platoon information is obtained.

As an example, there are threads on other web sites where platoon numbers are listed. In the early days of the database we received platoon graduation information as in Platoon XYZ, Parris Island, May or 1968...that's it.

So we created platoon section based on that information in hopes someone would find their platoon section and send in platoon picture and such.

In other cases Marines don't have a platoon graduation book, or platoon picture. In those cases we create the platoon section under which we create a personal section in the name of said Marine. In his/she personal section we list personal information, and or email address.

The boot camp database fills two very important roles, one Historical in nature, two message center (contact information)

What a kick in the butt to not only find your platoon section, but actually find a platoon members email address.

Gary

Cpl Miller 1964 - 1970 USMC
gmiller@yellowfootprints.com
www.militarycommcenter.com
Old 01-30-2013, 02:33 PM

I was in your series, Plt 2004. Our Sr D/I was Ssgt Green. Oddly enough, when I went to Quantico VA for OCS in summer of 1984, my Plt Sgt was GySgt Giambelluca. Crazy as it sounds, he called me out saying he remembered me from 2 years prior and I wasn't even in his platoon.