Yellow Foot Prints Forums  

Go Back   Yellow Foot Prints Forums > Yellow Foot Prints News [Main Page] > The Polling Booth

The Polling Booth [Main Page]
Join in with your ratings and opinions to posted polls.

Old 09-19-2006, 02:27 PM

Cool Looks worthwhile

The site appears to be a new site to me, but I just joined yesterday. What drew me to it was the fact it targets boot camp. For Marines that's a significant event and certainly worthy of more detailed info. I like the idea of identifying platoons with photo's, that's a great endeavor. Posting yearbook entries while cumbersome for a few has a great quality to it for historical purposes...it needs to be someplace where the Marine masses can access it.
Is there an intent to associate specific DI's to platoons? That too would be beneficial and I'm surprised the DI School doesn't have some info that could be purged and used here. Has Admin attempted to make that connection?
I have my Platoon photo available and will provide it to Admin for uploading if that's the procedure...or I can do it once I figure out how that works here. LMK how you want to do that and I can provide an email with it attached if you want.
Anyway, I've enjoyed the site thus far and hope to see more expansion as time goes by. I need to know who my DI's were and connect to others in my platoon....ultimately I'd like to know what happened to my platoon if that's ever possible. S/F Larry
Old 09-19-2006, 02:39 PM
Administrator

Larry, let me try and answer some of your questions.

Boot camp pictures are sent to me at;gmiller@yellowfootprints.com.

One of the features we're working is to create a database out of the boot camp database where you can search for recruits by name. The present boot camp database is only searchable by platoon numbers.

Not sure about your comment that the database needs to be "someplace where the Marine masses can access it"? I thought that's what this site offered. ha

As we work on developing the new search engine for the boot camp database D.I. will be listed such that they would be associated with their platoons.

I tried to contact the Drill Instructors association but have never received a reply, so I have to assume they are not interested.

Hope that answers most of your questions.

Cpl Miller

Cpl Miller 1964 - 1970 USMC
gmiller@yellowfootprints.com
www.militarycommcenter.com
Old 09-25-2007, 10:12 AM

Re: Larry, let me try and answer some of your questions.

Quote:
Originally posted by Cpl Miller
Boot camp pictures are sent to me at;gmiller@yellowfootprints.com.

One of the features we're working is to create a database out of the boot camp database where you can reach for recruits by name. The present boot camp database is only searchable by platoon numbers.

Not sure about your comment that the database needs to be "someplace where the Marine masses can access it"? I thought that's what this site offered. ha

As we work on developing the new search engine for the boot camp database D.I. will be listed such that they would be associated with their platoons.

I tried to contact the Drill Instructors association but have never received a reply, so I have to assume they are not interested.

Hope that answers most of your questions.

Cpl Miller
Old 10-18-2007, 10:37 AM

March on.....

March on Cpl.Miller:
We're with you brother.
Keep up the good work
S/F
Tim
Aug- Nov,1964, Plt. 380
Honor Platoon
Amtracs
YATYAS
Old 10-18-2007, 11:22 AM
Administrator

Doing a LOW crawl...

in the mud, body and face covered, I look up and the ONLY words out of my mouth are, YES.... SIR!!!!!

Cpl Miller 1964 - 1970 USMC
gmiller@yellowfootprints.com
www.militarycommcenter.com